Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

It appears to me that Duckenfield is taking the 'rap' for this disaster I think it is because when it comes to the long awaited payout it will be an individual and not the SYP meaning not much money in the pot.

Will any one of the thousands of fans who turned up late without a ticket be appearing at the inquest I wonder?

I see nothing new in David Dukinfield's admission this week that he made a mistake as he did this already in 1989. The only difference this week is that the questioner asked a question whether this mistake was the cause of 96 people dying. Dukinfield agreed, without qualifying the answer to include all of the things stated in post 1628

It appears to me that Duckenfield is taking the 'rap' for this disaster I think it is because when it comes to the long awaited payout it will be an individual and not the SYP meaning not much money in the pot.

Will any one of the thousands of fans who turned up late without a ticket be appearing at the inquest I wonder?

cant say that its too much like the truth

There is also the existence of that unforgiving pen to consider. It wasn't just the build up of the crowd, but where they went to. The Lep has space for plenty of people, but the design guided them all to the same, small space. No stewards, or police tried to alter that.

I had the misfortune of almost ending up in the pen a couple of years earlier. I turned round, went round the back of the stand and stood under the scoreboard.

How anyone could design a sporting arena like that is beyond me. That video of the fans exiting the tunnel into the pen is heartbreaking.

very harrowing going down the same tunnel that many died

Think you will find that no one is on trial and therefore no one can be found guilty in a criminal sense of the word. I stand to be corrected on this point.

You are quite correct, it is not a trail it is an inquest, not to say that he could face charges after the inquest has ended?

Guest sibon
very harrowing going down the same tunnel that many died

At the time, it just seemed like part and parcel of being a football fan. That's what happened back then, you were treated like rubbish.

Looking back, it was horrific.