Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

And like I've said, why should I trust this report when the previous ones have been inaccurate?

I know the police were in the wrong, they lied and covered up the truth to cover their sorry asses and keep their jobs and pensions. I live and work in Merseyside. I drink in a pub where the landlord still wears a "Don't Buy the Sun" t-shirt, and have infinite respect for those who died and their families who have tirelessly campaigned.

Just thought I would add some sanity to the ridiculous comments made by ill informed people on this site.

I have just been reading the summary of the independent panel's report and came accross one of many staments and findings I could have copied, however, given the nature of the comments here I thought I would copy this:

25.From the documents provided to the Panel it is clear that the crush at the Leppings Lane turnstiles outside the stadium was not caused by fans arriving 'late' for the kick-off. The turnstiles were inadequate to process the crowd safely, and the rate of entry insufficient to prevent a dangerous build-up outside the ground.

If anyone would care to take the time and read the panel's report I suggest they also look at pages 2 & 3 of the summary. Here it clearly states that it was more a case of luck that the same scenario didn't happen in 1981, the semi-final between Spurs and Wolves.

I know that there are always people on here who will always find the blame lies with "mindless drunken scousers". However, I have lived in Sheffield for over 23 years and I am very pleased to say I have never met anyone from Sheffield who agrees with you or your opinions. As they have the forsight to understand it could so easily have been their father, son, husband, wife, mother or daughter on that fateful day.

I have no idea. But are you trying to deny that McKenzie was given the information by the police and suggesting that he made it up?

Nope, I'm saying he got the information from a press agency, as he's now admitted:

Today I offer my profuse apologies to the people of Liverpool for that headline. I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/12/hillsborough-disaster-report-panel-released-live

Just thought I would add some sanity to the ridiculous comments made by ill informed people on this site.

I have just been reading the summary of the independent panel's report and came accross one of many staments and findings I could have copied, however, given the nature of the comments here I thought I would copy this:

25.From the documents provided to the Panel it is clear that the crush at the Leppings Lane turnstiles outside the stadium was not caused by fans arriving 'late' for the kick-off. The turnstiles were inadequate to process the crowd safely, and the rate of entry insufficient to prevent a dangerous build-up outside the ground.

If anyone would care to take the time and read the panel's report I suggest they also look at pages 2 & 3 of the summary. Here it clearly states that it was more a case of luck that the same scenario didn't happen in 1981, the semi-final between Spurs and Wolves.

I know that there are always people on here who will always find the blame lies with "mindless drunken scousers". However, I have lived in Sheffield for over 23 years and I am very pleased to say I have never met anyone from Sheffield who agrees with you or your opinions. As they have the forsight to understand it could so easily have been their father, son, husband, wife, mother or daughter on that fateful day.

Either the posters still trying to blame the dead children for their own deaths are trolls, or ex-coppers.

The report published today lays no blame on those that perished and quite rightly so, I think we have all known that from the start

I was there on the day in the build up and gave evidence to the West Midlands police enquiry. I'm sure my statement is there within all the documents

Over an hour before kick off police on horseback tried to move a few large groups of Liverpool fans gathered on Leppings Lane corner towards the ground. Many of these turned round and went in the opposite direction

In those days of terracing and with capacities often ignored, it was customary and a badge of honour for fans of big clubs to try and get in without tickets, either bribing turnstile operators or turning up late in the hope of overwhelming those in control. We can only assume the police made a huge misjudgement on the basis of past experience, a knee jerk reaction in those days was to believe all football fans to be hooligans. This mindset, coupled with the poor design and state of the ground, meant crowd control was all about stopping trouble and not protecting safety

What happened in the aftermath with police evidence being doctored and the misinformation about timings of the deaths etc is nothing short of scandalous. Let's hope justice is served, in whatever form that takes and the families can have some sense of closure

As an honour to the 96 we must ensure this never happens again and all seater stadia go some way to his and will provide a lasting legacy to their memory

Anybody who was involved in football violence in the 70's and 80's should sleep uneasy tonight. Hillsborough would not have happened if the fences weren't there in the first place which were only as a result of previous generations acting like animals

Nope, I'm saying he got the information from a press agency, as he's now admitted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/sep/12/hillsborough-disaster-report-panel-released-live

And the press agency got it from the police

Quote:

"I too was totally misled. Twenty three ago I was handed a piece of copy from a reputable news agency in Sheffield in which a senior police officer and a senior local MP were making serious allegations against fans in the stadium.

"I had absolutely no reason to believe that these authority figures would lie and deceive over such a disaster.":

So what's your problem?