Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Yep. Done that. I can't see any where it says they've falsified the documents as you claim in post 81. Can you?

Like I said in post 196:

I am questioning the fact that so many previous reports have been questioned, but suddenly today's is completely correct and accurate?

We've been fed report and inquiry since that day and the more digging is done the more is found to be wrong with said report, what's to say that this report won't be questioned in ten years time?

Did the police lie and cover things up? Without a doubt. But what about the other statements people have made about the fans? There have been fresh witness claims about fans behaviour on this very forum and on the BBC Look North Facebook page. Are these lies? What would be their incentive for this? What would they have to gain? The police obviously have something to gain

from lying - avoiding prison, losing their careers, pension et al.

I think clearing the fans (of which there were many types) of all blame just raises further questions.

Oh my god. Have you actually understood ANYTHING about this?

Well theres a myriad of arguments here isn't there...

Do you abnegate all responsibilty for your behaviour...cos you are a football fan?

The police are PAID...by the clubs to steward the fans who seemingly turn from self responsible adults into a frothing mass of Idiots come Saturday afternoon?

It was so different in the 70's and 80's..it was madness at times..who's responsible?...you can go on forever...

It culminated in Hillsborough '89...coalesced into tangled metal madness that left fans with nowhere to go...If you honestly had to hold your hand up for Hillsborough...theres legions that are responsible...they include the government, the poloice...and football fans of most every major club in the country

If powerful people make mistakes, they often get in even more trouble by lying about it and trying to cover it up. At last we see where the blame lays fair and square, on the grubby, dishonest police sneaking about taking blood from dead children and lying about it.

The Police Fed rep apparently confirmed then that "putting our side of the story over to the press and media" had been his priority...

Panel: Police Federation met on 19th April 1989, the day the Sun article was published...

Wasn't it the fans entering the grounds without tickets, that was the main cause of the disaster?

What is it with the continuous stream of ill informed bile that people keep on posting. It's not difficult - people have spent the last two years working hard to present THE FACTS about what happened that day. If you can't be bothered to read it and understand for yourself what happened then don't post.

'Strip Patnick of knighthood'

A Labour backbencher has written to the prime minister calling for the removal of Sir Irvine Patnick’s knighthood. Patnick, the former Tory member for Sheffield Hallam, was named by the independent panel as one of the sources for The Sun's notorious coverage 23 years ago.

The shameful and disgusting behaviour of Sir Irvine Patnick is a significant feature in the Hillsborough independent Panel report and his knighthood should be removed immediately. David Cameron should now do the right thing and take the necessary steps to do this.

Mann pointed out that disgraced former RBS boss Fred Goodwin had been stripped of his knighthood earlier this year on the advice of the forfeiture committee. Mann said:

Fred Goodwin brought the honours system in to disrepute and we now know that Sir Irvine Patnick has done the same and appropriate action should be taken

When politicians are hiding from the press and peeping nervously from behind their net curtains it's pretty definite that they've been rumbled as gutless, venal scum.

Yes you are correct mate...not ALL football fans were responsible....that was an ill judged comment...but the climate at the time in football..all over the country, brought these death traps into being...and before 89..looking over from the Eastbank to the lepp..at that tunnel that filtered football fans into that middle section..fences on either side...it always looked wrong....but as an ordinary football fan....waddya do?...I went to Oxford and Brentford and such places...where 4000 Owls fans were stuck on a terrace that should have held far less..The games were of less magnitude than a semi final...but the accident was still there waiting to happen..

Know exactly what you mean Andy, I've been all over with United & been treat pretty shoddily, and that includes being hit with a baton for walking on the footpath.

Like I said in post 196:

I am questioning the fact that so many previous reports have been questioned, but suddenly today's is completely correct and accurate?

We've been fed report and inquiry since that day and the more digging is done the more is found to be wrong with said report, what's to say that this report won't be questioned in ten years time?

Did the police lie and cover things up? Without a doubt. But what about the other statements people have made about the fans? There have been fresh witness claims about fans behaviour on this very forum and on the BBC Look North Facebook page. Are these lies? What would be their incentive for this? What would they have to gain? The police obviously have something to gain

from lying - avoiding prison, losing their careers, pension et al.

I think clearing the fans (of which there were many types) of all blame just raises further questions.

Can I infer, from the above, that you are now retracting your claim from post 81?

Since day 1 evidence was falsified.

I think it has been again today just to please and silence the Liverpudlians.

When politicians are hiding from the press and peeping nervously from behind their net curtains it's pretty definite that they've been rumbled as gutless, venal scum.

The book is not written. He has a choice now. He could actually come forward and do right by the victims and the people of Merseyside, in fact, do right by the country, by telling the truth of his role and Thatcher's in the aftermath.