Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

There have been fresh witness claims about fans behaviour on this very forum and on the BBC Look North Facebook page. Are these lies? What would be their incentive for this?

And what is your incentive to be so stupid and prejudiced? Some people lie. Some people deny the Holocaust took place. Are they lies? Yes. What's their incentive? Maybe the same as yours. To wallow in their stupidity and prejudice.

What is it with the continuous stream of ill informed bile that people keep on posting. It's not difficult - people have spent the last two years working hard to present THE FACTS about what happened that day. If you can't be bothered to read it and understand for yourself what happened then don't post.

It's a honest question, I'm sorry you feel it's "ill informed bile", but I don't at all agree with you that it is.

Also, don't tell me what I can and cannot do. Thanks.

Also, as it seems there was no issue relating to excessive ticketlessness; how come there were too many tickets issued? What did the report have to say about that?

Edited by Waldo

It's a honest question, I'm sorry you feel it's "ill informed bile", but I don't at all agree with you that it is.

It is ill-informed. You have obvously not taken the time to read the facts. There is a 300 page document that clearly answers your 'honest' question.

There will be quite a few coppers having fitful sleep tonight. Hogan-Howe among them.

The Hillsborough famillies have called for the resignation of the chief constable of West Yorkshire, Norman Bettison, who is now one of the country's most senior police officers. As a South Yorkshire chief inspector, Bettison was part of the internal review team at South Yorkshire police who have been accused of engaging in black propaganda to shift blame for the stadium disaster from the police and onto fans.

Bettison, who has since received the Queens Police medal, has previously denied any part in this activity. Trevor Hicks, chairman of the Hillsborough families support group said of Bettison: "If he is anything of a man he will stand down and scurry up a drainpipe somewhere."

The report highlights Bettison's role in the internal review in presenting an edited video of the disaster to the police federation and later to MPs. The video - 29 minutes of footage compiled by Bettison from 65 hours of film - included a commentary by him. The report states: "The minutes of the meeting record what presumably was CI Bettison's commentary: 'Perimeter fences were the result of hooliganism - walls demolished, missile attacks on police officers, supporters climbing perimeter fences, pitch invasion'. The last was 'thought to be the case at Hillsborough'."

Coppers lying to save their skin.

What you posted was neither honest nor a question. It was uninformed bile badly disguised as a question. You were blaming the fans despite the fact that the report explicitly confirmed the authorities were to blame.

You clearly have issues.

No, I still feel that the fans outside the ground at the time should shoulder some of the blame.

The police were in the wrong, but I think the focus on this is detracting from other factors. Like I said, are the witnesses who posted on here and BBC Look North's Facebook page liars, or mistaken? Does their opinion no longer count?

The fans which are blameless are those who arrived on time and were injured or killed because of it. And its the families of those who have fought to clear their name. Can you honestly say that there are zero Liverpool supporters who don't have at least a drop of blood on their hands?

Everyone interviewed on BBC North West tonight which is on now has mentioned "closure" or "bringing the matter to a close", which is all everybody wants.

In 2004, Boris Johnson was ordered by the then Tory leader Michael Howard to go to Liverpool and apologise for an article in The Spectator which accused the city of "wallowing" in its "victim status".

He said Liverpudlians made a scapegoat of police in the wake of the Hillsborough disaster, refusing to acknowledge the part played "by drunken fans at the back of the crowd who mindlessly tried to fight their way into the ground".

The article, on 16 October, said people in Liverpool "cannot accept that they might have made any contribution to their misfortunes, but seek rather to blame someone else for it, thereby deepening their sense of shared tribal grievance about the rest of society".

Boris should make a statement now his words are exposed as a complete fabrication of the truth.

No, I still feel that the fans outside the ground at the time should shoulder some of the blame.

The police were in the wrong, but I think the focus on this is detracting from other factors. Like I said, are the witnesses who posted on here and BBC Look North's Facebook page liars, or mistaken? Does their opinion no longer count?

The fans which are blameless are those who arrived on time and were injured or killed because of it. And its the families of those who have fought to clear their name. Can you honestly say that there are zero Liverpool supporters who don't have at least a drop of blood on their hands?

Everyone interviewed on BBC North West tonight which is on now has mentioned "closure" or "bringing the matter to a close", which is all everybody wants.

Hiya alc. Is that a reply to me? If so the blamelessness or otherwise of the fans is irrelevant. You're diverting again.

Since day 1 evidence was falsified.

I think it has been again today just to please and silence the Liverpudlians.

You still stand by this claim?

Edited by Lockjaw