Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

What you posted was neither honest nor a question. It was uninformed bile badly disguised as a question. You were blaming the fans despite the fact that the report explicitly confirmed the authorities were to blame.

You clearly have issues.

No, it wasn't. It was a honest question.

It was pointed out, the report mentions there was no excessive ticketlessness. So obviously, too many tickets were issued in the first place?

I saw that. Some of the comments in the report are shocking:

Some of the statements are heartbreaking.

From a 14 year old survivor:

"I don't like my mum giving ne a goodnight kiss or hug as I used to. I don't like it and I throw her off because it makes me remember when all the people were crushing round me at the football match."

And here's a really lovely response from a police officer at the scene:

"I shouted at a policeman to open the gates to release us the policeman told me to 'fxxx off - I was only a scouser'".

I remember that evening Radio Hallam held a special show where they gave address details of Sheffielders who were offering their homes to any Liverpudlians who needed food and rest, and a bed for the night. It still brings a tear to my eye and THAT is why Sheffield should hold no shame for that day.

No, it wasn't. It was a honest question.

It was pointed out, the report mentions there was no excessive ticketlessness. So obviously, too many tickets were issued in the first place?

Why am I having to spoon feed this to you, can you not find the report online or can you just not be bothered to read it????;

While modifications were made inside the stadium, the issue of congested access to

the turnstiles outside the stadium remained unresolved. As Lord Justice Taylor’s Interim

Report noted, of the stadium’s 54,000 capacity, over 24,000 fans were channelled through

23 turnstiles feeding the North Stand, the West Stand and the Leppings Lane terrace.

Following alterations, the safety of the existing maximum capacity for the Leppings Lane

terrace was questioned repeatedly yet the decision was taken by the Club and the safety

engineers not to revise the figure.

Two thoughts from me. Firstly, the current Chief Constable gave a good account of himself with Harry gration on Look North tonight.

Secondly, the then Chief Constable, Sir Norman Bettison ought to tender his resignation immediately if he has any honour.

Shiela Coleman:

While you were still wandering round the hospital or round Sheffield looking for loved ones, the authorities were already working to cover their backs.

Breathtaking:

The statement by PC Maxwell Groome was one of "those most extensively altered" the report found.

The following material was deleted from his original account:"The decision to replace Chief Superintendent Mole before the semi-final needs to come under some scrutiny. This man had many years experience of policing big matches at Hillsborough.

Compared to other semi-finals held at Hillsborough, the organisation of this event was poor, as has been the case for most of the season. Too little notice had been taken of current trends and football intelligence and too much reliance has been placed upon previous information held.

Too many non-operational supervisory officers were in charge of important and critical parts of the football ground.

The deployment of officers around the crucial time needs to come under scrutiny, too many were sat around in the gymnasium whilst others were rushed off their feet."

He also wrote originally: "It was noticeable that the only supervisory officers above the rank of Inspector on the pitch were Chief Inspectors Beal and Sumner and Superintendent Greenwood. Certain supervisory officers were conspicuous by their absence. It was utter chaos."

This was changed to: "On the pitch were Chief Inspectors Beal and Sumner and Superintendent Greenwood."

Pretty much sums it up, doesn't it?

Sickening. I mean the cops diverted massive resources to covering up and telling lies. Senior South Yorkshire police officers of the time ought to be prosecuted as should Irvine Patrick and the others dripping their vile lies to The Sun.