Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

patnick was quick to blame the fans what is he going to say now?

Currently hiding under his kitchen table mewling for nanny. When the Tory Prime Minister appears genuinely angry and apologises in the HoC for the lies told about what happened at Hillsborough, and you were the tory MP responsible for those lies, it counts as a Bad Day at the Office.

No, the people of Liverpool aren't blaming the people of Sheffield. In fact, I've seen several comments thanking people on the day for their help and support. The BBC website has several messages of thanks for Sheffielders and Forest supporters for their help.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19570810

All they have ever wanted was the truth. Being a Sheffielder but with family who were at the match, it has never been a question of blaming the city, but a determination to make sure the people at the heart of the poor decisionmaking were held accountable. To my mind, the worst of it was not letting the ambulances into the ground, and the blaming it all on the fans. I can clearly remember watching it all unfold on tv, and it was obvious that someone should have been opening the pens.It was a different era and the fans were never treated right then.

Having spent the whole day digesting these truths, I would personally like to take this opportunity to say how sorry I'am to all those affected by the actions of a few of Sheffield's senior figures.

I'm in no way affiliated with SYP or Sheffield's political elite, just a normal family guy, trying his hardest to be good and honest in everything I do. We are not all like these animals, in Sheffield, some of us have honesty and integrity.

I hope I speak for the majority of normal conscionable people in Sheffield, we are truly, truly sorry for the actions of these people that represent us and beg for your forgiveness.

Im so ashamed today. Shame on us all for allowing this to happen.

RIP you fans, gone but not forgotten.

Guest makapaka
I am 55 and from Sheffield, I have never been to a football match because my parents wouldn't let me, they said it wasn't safe, Mr Hicks must take some blame for his daughters deaths for being so blase at letting them go where they wanted, everybody is trying to pass the buck, Its about time we all realised that whoever is to blame you can't raise the dead, It's time to let the Dead rest in peace.

What a disgraceful thing to write. His daughters went to a football match, how could anyone have envisaged what was to happen.

Try to engage your brain before you write anything else.

Liverpool fans responsible?...ALL football fans were in some way responsible for the ridiculous fencing that went up on the Lepp...hooligans of ALL clubs brought that crap to our stadiums....I read stuff about Liverpool fans "Having a drink"...turning up late"....Christ almighty...Ive done it....most every football fan has done it.

Any football fan whoever took a swipe at another ...cos he was wearing a different coloured scarf is responsible for the tragedy that happened at Hillsborough..because thats why we got those death traps of fences...I worked at the RHH on the day...I was there until midnight...I met a fair few scousers, looking for mates...looking for family...I did not meet 1 drunken fan...just ordinary shocked football supporters...who were massively let down on the day by inadequate policing, emergency services that could not cope...no emergency service in the country could have coped.....but the biggest sin of all is...the crap that was written in the sun....the cover up by SYP...and the lies all that engendered that have coloured folks opinion outside of Merseyside for over 2 decades...

That this human tragedy was played out at a ground I have been going to for nearly 50 years will always haunt me...but it does not detract from the fact that the poor souls who never got home that day, were mainly...ticketed...sober...and in the ground on time....had they been late....they would be posting on here.....This report enforces that...

That about sums up the whole sorry story Andy , Human failure fom start to finish It was an accident waiting to happen and so many people in charge got it wrong , The police, The Council, The F.A. The football clubs that erected barriers so as people could not get out, The M.P.s,The ambulance service, etc,etc. Hundreds of people got it wrong on that day and will never forgive themselves.

Remember the 96 who were tragically killed at Hillsborough in 1989.

The truth may be out but the justice of bringing those who caused this into account must start immediately, the injustice of lies, cover ups, smears and fraud. South Yorkshire Police and Ambulance Services and the institutional corruption from the then Thatcher government must stand account and face justice, they must all burn in hell for the wide spread blame of Liverpool fans and the doctoring of statements including taking blood tests from the dead to blame them for what happened including letting half the people die which could have been saved after cut off time, the whole rotten mess and ordeal should never have happened, Hillsborough was not fit for state and did not have appropriate safety accreditations on top of the head of South Yorkshire Police who was new and was out of his depth, the whole mess stinks, it was our 9/11 and was our inside job with people colluding with coroners, nothing more and nothing less, a new inquest must be made and people must pay the price, for the 96 who died and who were blamed, I feel for your friends and families and forever more...

You Will Never Walk Alone !!!

I agree with all that you say, but the 3.15pm cut off time relates to the time at which peoples actions were perceived to have no further effect to loss of life or injuries, ie a persons or organisations actions after 3.15pm were not considered in the inquests. How you have worded it makes it sound like the police decided at 3.15 nobody else could be saved and stopped trying. I'm sure you didn't mean that, but I wouldn't want someone who doesn't read the report but see's this to think that was the case.

Edited by liam1412

plus the Liverpool fans are blaming all Sheffielders regardless.

Utter nonsense.

"Sheffielders" as a whole have never been blamed and neither do they deserve blame.

fallen1's earlier suggestion that the whole city should feel guilt is equally nonsensical.

I am, though, very interested to see people popping up and suggesting the blame lies with SWFC - I assume these people are generally SUFC fans - and the number of posters who are posting opinions flying in the face of today's revelations is surprising. I detect some deeply supressed feelings of guilt and a state of denial.

Edited by Lockjaw