Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

That about sums up the whole sorry story Andy , Human failure fom start to finish It was an accident waiting to happen and so many people in charge got it wrong , The police, The Council, The F.A. The football clubs that erected barriers so as people could not get out, The M.P.s,The ambulance service, etc,etc. Hundreds of people got it wrong on that day and will never forgive themselves.

You've missed the most important people. Those who decided that perimeter fencing was necessary to control football fans and those who perpetuated the view that football fans were all violent enemies of the state who should be suppressed at all costs. The second part will be the Thatcher Government. They were the ones who were seeking to introduce ID cards and who set the tone for the police/fans standoffs.

The ground was abysmally designed. I've been on the Leppings Lane end in a crush, a couple of years before the disaster. It was terrifying. You walked into the ground and logically headed for the tunnel. This then led to the two fateful pens and the perimeter fence. I was so scared when I went in there, that I turned round and walked out. A truly horrible design, based only upon crowd control, with no regard for crowd safety.

Regardless of today's findings about the police and ambulance service. If the ground had been properly designed, the disaster would not have happened.

I had a to have a nip out I'm glad I did, i reflected on today's events and I must say I still don't feel as though anything has been truly settled one way or the other.

The next few months are yet another bit of heart ache for the families involved, today should have been a full stop but seems a big can of worm's, is that good for what all the decent people wanted from this...

Utter nonsense.

"Sheffielders" as a whole have never been blamed and neither do they deserve blame.

fallen1's earlier suggestion that the whole city should feel guilt is equally nonsensical.

I am, though, very interested to see people popping up and suggesting the blame lies with SWFC - I assume these people are generally SUFC fans - and the number of posters who are posting opinions flying in the face of today's revelations is surprising. I detect some deeply supressed feelings of guilt and a state of denial.

Its a pity you start your post with a couple of parting shots that could only be described as, misplaced, at best, I will call them argumentative. The rest of your post implies you have some level of intelligence, as such though, its equally depressing that you have given little thought to the implications and even complications of a whole generation that have grown up, using and I would offer, looking up, to the very people that had driven these lies and lived them for 23 years. To think any other way is just simple minded IMHO.

Shameful.

Its a pity you start your post with a couple of parting shots that could only be described as, misplaced, at best, I will call them argumentative. The rest of your post implies you have some level of intelligence, as such though, its equally depressing that you have given little thought to the implications and even complications of a whole generation that have grown up, using and I would offer, looking up, to the very people that had driven these lies and lived them for 23 years. To think any other way is just simple minded IMHO.

Shameful.

I went to goals tonight to watch a bit of football, I realised then how much people are ignorant about Hillsborough, I suppose it didn't really have the impact on most people as it has today...

I went to goals tonight to watch a bit of football, I realised then how much people are ignorant about Hillsborough, I suppose it didn't really have the impact on most people as it has today...

We have to bare in mind, so many fans were not even born, or were too young to remember it.

I was living in Ascot at the time, not a reknown footballing community, but the fund raising was fantastic.

Many under the age of 33 , would have little knowledge of the event, nor of the football supporters life style at the time. Treated like second classs citizens, herded like cattle, into hell holes of stadiums.

Cambridge was a particular bad ground, an open away end broke down in to several cages or pens, once one was full the doors were closed and the next pen filled and so on.

I dont remember owt nor am i knowledgeable about the Ibrox disaster, i was too young.

Your Ignorant comment is a little harsh.

We have to bare in mind, so many fans were not even born, or were too young to remember it.

I was living in Ascot at the time, not a reknown footballing community, but the fund raising was fantastic.

Many under the age of 33 , would have little knowledge of the event, nor of the football supporters life style at the time. Treated like second classs citizens, herded like cattle, into hell holes of stadiums.

Cambridge was a particular bad ground, an open away end broke down in to several cages or pens, once one was full the doors were closed and the next pen filled and so on.

I dont remember owt nor am i knowledgeable about the Ibrox disaster, i was too young.

Your Ignorant comment is a little harsh.

It is harsh I accept that, but some of the things I have read and heard has been nothing short of silly, I watched those ambulances go up my road and only one went on the pitch, that's why my views are strong on this.

It is harsh I accept that, but some of the things I have read and heard has been nothing short of silly, I watched those ambulances go up my road and only one went on the pitch, that's why my views are strong on this.

I understand, to supporters of a certain age, like our selves it does mean more, as a supporter of all home and away games in that era, it could have happened to any of us.

Many of the posters you refer to, may have very little knowledge of football at the time, may not be football fans at all, but have based there judgements over the past decades on the media coverage alone.

But its clear to all, there are/were so many failings, a cascade of errors and mis management, is one party alone to blame?

From ground safety to the Police, who will be the fall guys?

I understand, to supporters of a certain age, like our selves it does mean more, as a supporter of all home and away games in that era, it could have happened to any of us.

Many of the posters you refer to, may have very little knowledge of football at the time, may not be football fans at all, but have based there judgements over the past decades on the media coverage alone.

But its clear to all, there are/were so many failings, a cascade of errors and mis management, is one party alone to blame?

From ground safety to the Police, who will be the fall guys?

I'm a bit worse for ware fella, I'll answer last one, I would really like to know what is going to happen from here also, I think that is on a lot of peoples minds.