Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Im not avoiding anything, Im hoping to stimulate the thought processes of good honest decent folk. Maybe this way, the perpetrators of these acts will be brought quickly to justice, any lingering effects of 23 years of this poison is eradicated and nothing like this ever happens again in my city or in my name.

I think you are confusing the shame that should be felt by those directly involved, and those ignorant enought to still be spouting their ill-informed views about Hillsborough.

The rest of us have nothing to feel ashamed for, indeed many ordinary Sheffield people can be proud of how they acted on the day;

Heartfelt messages from Merseyside; Thank-You Sheffield

"MAY I thank the wonderful people of Sheffield. I was one of the lucky ones whose son came home. He was taken in by a couple and told to phone home to let us know he was all right, as I believe thousands of others were taken in and comforted in our great loss....."

See this link for the rest of this letter and many more like it;

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/repository/docs/PRE000000010001.pdf

Edited by Coxy

Im sure everyone is disgusted with the police cover up,everyone is deeply saddened regarding the deceased,the question you keep avoiding is,why should the residents of sheffield be ashamed.You seem to avoid giving a straight answer.

I think the residents of Sheffield, many of whom have no interest in football, who did not and never would attend a professional soccer match have no need to feel in ay way concerned regarding their own complicity.

They should however be concerned over the allegations against the police, ambulance serice city council, and H&S officials who have responsibilities outside football and who appear to have been at fault.

I was at Hillsborough on the day of the incident. The general behaviour of the Liverpool supprters was, in my opinion, disgraceful. I have not been to a football match since, and was an infrequent visitor previously.

Too right Coxy.

A group of around 5 Liverpool lads came into my local that evening showing me the crush marks on their wrists and complete tickets to the game, counterfoil still attached to the ticket (they went through unchecked).

A cracking bunch of lads who wanted to drink away and try to forget the horrors they witnessed that day.

I was actually out in Derbyshire with a pal whose mum had to dash off to Hallamshire Hospital, she being a nurse.

The average Sheffield person need feel no shame over the Hillsborough tragedy. We are a good, compassionate and helpful bunch.

Indeed it isn't shame I feel but pride.

Have you spotted something in the 450,00 pages of documents that they missed, or do you have access to information that they did not have which implicates Liverpool fans?

I've spotted 3 or 4 statements from stewards / turnstile operators that don't put some Liverpool fans in a good light. I haven't read all the statements obviously but the few I looked at seemed to carry a familiar theme that as I understand it the Independant Panel didn't mention in yesterdays report.

I've spotted 3 or 4 statements from stewards / turnstile operators that don't put some Liverpool fans in a good light. I haven't read all the statements obviously but the few I looked at seemed to carry a familiar theme that as I understand it the Independant Panel didn't mention in yesterdays report.

Paints them in a bad light, or implicates them as a contributory cause of the disaster?

Paints them in a bad light, or implicates them as a contributory cause of the disaster?

All refer to fans climbing over turnstiles and gaining entry without tickets. 1 statement refered to some fans being ejected for having no ticket.

Does that make them a contributory cause of the disaster? I'll leave that to more educated persons than me to judge (as they have already i.e. Taylor)

Whilst I agree with all the other points about police cover-ups etc I find it quite disturbing that the above incidents of Liverpool supporter action outside the ground prior to the crush, does seem to be being ignored. I honestly wonder why this should be the case.......total transparency and all!!

All refer to fans climbing over turnstiles and gaining entry without tickets. 1 statement refered to some fans being ejected for having no ticket.

Does that make them a contributory cause of the disaster? I'll leave that to more educated persons than me to judge (as they have already i.e. Taylor)

Of course this was going on, but its not what the justice campaign want us to hear; when all said and done its 1980's Liverpool fans we're talking about here, they had a well deserved reputation at that time for trouble - Heysel anyone?!. Many English clubs had a hooligan problem but Liverpool's were one of the worst of the lot, especially abroad, hence why English clubs, and the national side I think, were banned from playing abroad for about 3 or 4 years.

Edited by Hots on

So no then.........."Lord Justice Taylor's Interim Report condemned the evidence and testimony of senior police officers and rejected as exaggerated the allegations made against Liverpool fans. He stated categorically that fans' behaviour played no part in the disaster."

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/report/Section-1/summary/page-14/

What previous experience did he have?

What training had he received?

Had he been given adequate resources?

Was he supported adequately from above during the event?

Not everything on the day was under his control.

Simple a camera showing the crowd building up in that section of the ground. He could see people pilling in using the cameras yet he still opened the gate.

The same experience and common sense anyone has when they see a pen of people filling up what do they do. Oh I know what Duckenfield did and just open the gates and let more in. A shear lack of any form of common sense and logic. He should have known better.