Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Of course this was going on, but its not what the justice campaign want us to hear; when all said and done its 1980's Liverpool fans we're talking about here, they had a well deserved reputation at that time for trouble - Heysel anyone?!. Many English clubs had a hooligan problem but Liverpool's were one of the worst of the lot, especially abroad.

Irvine Jnr.??????????????

Whilst I agree with all the other points about police cover-ups etc I find it quite disturbing that the above incidents of Liverpool supporter action outside the ground prior to the crush, does seem to be being ignored. I honestly wonder why this should be the case.......total transparency and all!!

I was a 22 year old on Leppings Lane that day - I'm a Wednesday fan but stupidly went down to see if I could get a ticket.

Did I see ticketless fans?? Yes, there were quite a few looking for spare tickets.

Did I see fans the worse for drink? Yes, my local pub 15 minutes walk away was drunk dry that afternoon by BOTH sets of fans.

Were fans arriving late? Absolutely, it was very chaotic....

BUT

It was really no different to many hundreds of football matches ive been to since, mostly involving SWFC. Fans get drunk (some, not all). Fans arrive at the ground late usually because they've been drinking. Sometimes at sell out games there'll be fans without tickets too.

The difference on the day was that the authorities who's job, amongst others, is to plan for late, drunken crowds some without tickets FAILED MASSIVELY in their duty. Of course it was not helped by a stadium that in areas was woefully out of date and in serious need of upgrade but still the right amount of fans could and should have been able to enter that ground safely and enjoy a day at the football.

Then those that messed up tried to cover it up.

So no then.........."Lord Justice Taylor's Interim Report condemned the evidence and testimony of senior police officers and rejected as exaggerated the allegations made against Liverpool fans. He stated categorically that fans' behaviour played no part in the disaster."

http://hillsborough.independent.gov.uk/report/Section-1/summary/page-14/

Well you've answered your own question then haven't you.

Are you accusing the The Right Reverend James Jones, Bishop of Liverpool, of not being unbiased and independant in the way he has viewed the documents available to him and the rest of the panel?

What exactly is your problem with their findings regarding Liverpool fans? Have you spotted something in the 450,00 pages of documents that they missed, or do you have access to information that they did not have which implicates Liverpool fans?

That's exactly what I'm saying. Do you think he could have lived and worked in Liverpool if he'd aportioned even the slightest inclination that the Liverpool fans played a contributary role in the disaster?

No he would have faced living in fear of retribution from the Liverpool deniers.

I think the residents of Sheffield, many of whom have no interest in football, who did not and never would attend a professional soccer match have no need to feel in ay way concerned regarding their own complicity.

Like I said last night:

I remember that evening Radio Hallam held a special show where they gave address details of Sheffielders who were offering their homes to any Liverpudlians who needed food and rest, and a bed for the night. It still brings a tear to my eye and THAT is why Sheffield should hold no shame for that day.