Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

What, merely because you say so? Please state on what criminal offence you'd charge him.

The same one i would charge 90% of politicians with if it were possible.

i.e barefaced lying to the people they are supposed to represent.unfortunately that's not possible so i would support any campaign to relieve him of his knighthood.

Stop being so touchy, the Owls stadium was brought in to it in the PMs speech. the council, police, goverment, the Owls and many others have all contributed to the disaster and the awful cover ups and silences.

Of course the Owls are going to be brought in to the posts, but have been brought up far less than the police, yet you dont call the posts bitter digs at the police !!

This is not an Owl topic. Its about justice and less you have forgot the dead and their family and friends.

Does the report say that SWFC have contributed to the awful cover ups?

Does the report say SWFC have lied?

I'm not saying there weren't wrongdoings in hindsight at the stadium, or whose fault that is.

I haven't read the full report, so I don't know, but I haven't seen any references that suggests SWFC lied or covered anything up.

So please enlighten me.

The issue will never be resolved. Views are too entrenched. If we all agree that these are the reasons the disaster happened, there's some progress.

1. Badly designed ground.

2. Safety certificate not relevant.

3. Hooligans ensured supporters were penned in.

4. Not enough turnstyles opened.

5. Confusing ticketing system which ensured many went to the wrong turnstyle.

6. Inexperienced police officer in charge.

7. Barriers not strong enough.

8. Very bad planning to cope with an emergency.

No doubt there are other issues that went wrong as well. That was the problem, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

The authorities are responsible to ensure that the crowd are all safe. This is what they are paid for. If they don't they have failed.

They failed, so are guilty.

Does the report say that SWFC have contributed to the awful cover ups?

Does the report say SWFC have lied?

I'm not saying there weren't wrongdoings in hindsight at the stadium, or whose fault that is.

I haven't read the full report, so I don't know, but I haven't seen any references that suggests SWFC lied or covered anything up.

So please enlighten me.

May i suggest you read the report and familiarise yourself with all the circumstances of that sad day.

It was a procession of unfortunate events that came to a head because of shocking levels of inaction by the senior police team in the control room.

The sad thing is that most of the circumstances were avoidable but were covered up by deception and lies.

This may be looked upon as a ridiculous statement by some,but the 96 have left a wonderful legacy in that they made the clubs and government get together and make all stadia safer for all future generations.

The issue will never be resolved. Views are too entrenched. If we all agree that these are the reasons the disaster happened, there's some progress.

No doubt there are other issues that went wrong as well. That was the problem, everything that could go wrong, did go wrong.

The authorities are responsible to ensure that the crowd are all safe. This is what they are paid for. If they don't they have failed.

Eloquently put Doris.

May i suggest you read the report and familiarise yourself with all the circumstances of that sad day.

It was a procession of unfortunate events that came to a head because of shocking levels of inaction by the senior police team in the control room.

The sad thing is that most of the circumstances were avoidable but were covered up by deception and lies.

This may be looked upon as a ridiculous statement by some,but the 96 have left a wonderful legacy in that they made the clubs and government get together and make all stadia safer for all future generations.

Look, I'm not defending SWFC if they have done wrong.

But I haven't seen anywhere quoted that says SWFC lied or played a part in the cover up.

Certain posters are suggesting they have, so all I've asked for is information on where in the report it says they have.

It's easier for them to provide me with detail of where they have read that than it is for me to trawl through to find it.

If it does say SWFC have lied to cover things up, then I'll equally criticise them. If it doesn't, then I suggest that those who suggest SWFC have lied need to stop using their hatred of SWFC to point score on such a sensitive matter.

From your eight points raised it would appear then that "SWFC" are overwhelmingly to blame!

That doesn't add up to any criminal offence known to law!

What about civil cases? Could he be liable for defamation claims, or is it 'no names mentioned, no foul'?

He should certainly be stripped of his knighthood & several police officers should be charged with perverting the course of justice.