Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Look, I'm not defending SWFC if they have done wrong.

But I haven't seen anywhere quoted that says SWFC lied or played a part in the cover up.

Certain posters are suggesting they have, so all I've asked for is information on where in the report it says they have.

It's easier for them to provide me with detail of where they have read that than it is for me to trawl through to find it.

If it does say SWFC have lied to cover things up, then I'll equally criticise them. If it doesn't, then I suggest that those who suggest SWFC have lied need to stop using their hatred of SWFC to point score on such a sensitive matter.

This is only a guess as i can't speak for the others you are questioning,but Doris Night highlights some of the shortcomings plus the fact that two vitally important cctv tapes went mysteriously missing from the clubs control room.

Are you asserting that if the club didn't lie they are therefore not culpable in any way?

Look, I'm not defending SWFC if they have done wrong.

But I haven't seen anywhere quoted that says SWFC lied or played a part in the cover up.

Certain posters are suggesting they have, so all I've asked for is information on where in the report it says they have.

It's easier for them to provide me with detail of where they have read that than it is for me to trawl through to find it.

If it does say SWFC have lied to cover things up, then I'll equally criticise them. If it doesn't, then I suggest that those who suggest SWFC have lied need to stop using their hatred of SWFC to point score on such a sensitive matter.

Without reading through this whole thread again Frank, I can't remember anyone saying that SWFC had lied? I could be wrong though.

Without reading through this whole thread again Frank, I can't remember anyone saying that SWFC had lied? I could be wrong though.

I refer to these:

This will now open up the biggest can of worms ever, SYP now proved to be liars, serious question coming up.

Can the following also be prosecuted as they must have lied at least to a degree, Thatcher, SWFC, Thatcher will have been protecting her "bully" boys for the work they did on the miners.

Not so sure with the SWFC bit, but she will have known there was a cover up & she should be prosecuted as well, don't care if she's ill; she's a liar & this proves it beyond all doubt.

This will rumble on for years to come, mark my words.

Stop being so touchy, the Owls stadium was brought in to it in the PMs speech. the council, police, goverment, the Owls and many others have all contributed to the disaster and the awful cover ups and silences.

Of course the Owls are going to be brought in to the posts, but have been brought up far less than the police, yet you dont call the posts bitter digs at the police !!

This is not an Owl topic. Its about justice and less you have forgot the dead and their family and friends.

The club's secretary at the time is not without fault...

"The main culprits in spreading these lies were David Duckenfield, Chief Superintendent in charge on the day (who later admitted that he lied), Graham Mackrell, Secretary Sheffield Wednesday"

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/history/media.shtm

Is that from the official report?

This is only a guess as i can't speak for the others you are questioning,but Doris Night highlights some of the shortcomings plus the fact that two vitally important cctv tapes went mysteriously missing from the clubs control room.

Are you asserting that if the club didn't lie they are therefore not culpable in any way?

Not in the slightest.

I want to know exactly what the club did wrong, because as a supporter who attended that ground hundreds of times in the 80's, I want to kbnow if my safety was gambled with too.

But I don't think there should be blame put from fans out to point score IF the report does not back that up.

I haven't read anything anywhere in the report (although I've only scanned it), so before I finger point I want to know where it is in the report.

I entered the ground from Leppins Lane at about 2.30 there was no queue and no problem. I was with my (then) 9 year old daughter.

I had been at a freebie lunch at Hallam Towers and our host had seats for us virtually looking over the Notts Goal. On our way to the ground i commented on the amount of booze that was being consumed by people on their way to the match.

When we left the ground about, I guess, 4pm we walked round the back of the stand and out onto the street leading to Penistone Road. Some cops from Doncaster, one of whom I knew, were standing outside the houses protecting them from the Liverpool supporters. Who, he said, had urinated in peoples gardens, damaged property and abused anybody they encountered.

My view is that the event was catastophically managed. BUT the Liverpool fans have a case to answer as well.

Yes I agree totally, but why has this not been said in this report, or has it? :huh:

Does the report say that SWFC have contributed to the awful cover ups?

Does the report say SWFC have lied?

I'm not saying there weren't wrongdoings in hindsight at the stadium, or whose fault that is.

I haven't read the full report, so I don't know, but I haven't seen any references that suggests SWFC lied or covered anything up.

So please enlighten me.

Your making this in to an Owls discussion, which is unfortunate. Why should i have to enlighten you?

But as you are pushing the issue.

The Owls covered up the certificate issue for a start. Two Owls off here mailed me yesterday and commented they knew nothing of the matter, did you?

The Owls are linked in the Prime Ministers comments.. "the ground failed to meet the minimum standards and the DIFICIENCES WERE WELL KNOWN "

The Owls chairman in his apology was quick enough to point out the fact the old PLC had been disolved and almost suggested sheffield Wednesday 2010 apologised on there behalf.

Again my view is there were many failings from many organisations, but when the new inquest is opened, the topic of the stadium being unfit for purpose will be brought up.

Am sorry you have lowered the thread to local only issues. The stadium issue is an early contributor to many ,many others.

But the stadium , (therefore the Owls) has been brought in to question by the media and experts on law issues. Even if some would like that factor to disappear.

Edited by TAT

Not in the slightest.

I want to know exactly what the club did wrong, because as a supporter who attended that ground hundreds of times in the 80's, I want to kbnow if my safety was gambled with too.

But I don't think there should be blame put from fans out to point score IF the report does not back that up.

I haven't read anything anywhere in the report (although I've only scanned it), so before I finger point I want to know where it is in the report.

I'll let others enlighten you because if i carry on responding with items that you disregard it will look as if i am one of the S.W.F.C. bashers that you refer to.

I repeat, please look at Doris Night' post.

My only motive for posting on this thread is to express my disgust at ALL the circumstances that amalgamated to make such a sorry event in our history.

I feel sure that we are of one mind when wanting to bring the guilty to book.