Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Then the allocator - whoever he or she was along with the chief constable failing to challenge and therefore in agreement should collectively have their bumps felt - and as i recall this was the feeling before the tie was held.

I would like a new penal code for stupidity of these extremes - that of having ones ******** lanced by a Jess Ennis javelin

It's so easy to be wise after the event.

Hillsborough had hosted many semi finals in the previous decade and the allocated ends were always based on the easiest way to get fans to and from the ground with the least possibility of rival factions meeting each other.this not only depended on the road system but also the use of Midland Station and Wadsley Bridge for rail specials.

Wherever fans were put in a 50000 capacity stadium,there would be numerous fans from almost any club who could not get a ticket ( and yes I do criticise and blame fans who travel to games without a ticket.they only add to an already difficult situation)

Similarly the host ground was chosen because of its geographical suitability and capacity for whoever had got to the semis.

This decade of football had hithertoo been all about warring factions and firms and policing was deployed accordingly.It was a horrible time to watch football if you got caught up in some of the mayhem that happened.

With the benefit of hindsight it is obvious that there was a terrible convergence of factors which resulted in tragedy for the victims and numerous others.

What happened subsequently in SY police,the press and politicians who lied ,concealed and distorted the truth for so many years is only now beginning to unravel and I fear that not only the guilty will suffer.

I haven't been to a football match for about 50 yrs, and I know times have changed (a lot) But is it common practice for fans to turn up late and worse the wear for alcohol try and get in the ground..

If so, it's a recipe for disaster at most grounds surely and makes me worry about my 16 yr old grandson. He goes to most SU matches with his dad..:(

Do read this and come back and comment. It is why the connection with the miners is made.

They lied and fabricated evidence in much the same way. Endemic you might say. And written well before the full story was known.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/12/hillsborough-battle-orgreave

Thanks for the link to the article, which is even more remarkable given that it was written before the full story was known. It certainly helps in the process of joining the dots and making sense of the events of the 1980s.

I haven't been to a football match for about 50 yrs, and I know times have changed (a lot) But is it common practice for fans to turn up late and worse the wear for alcohol try and get in the ground..

If so, it's a recipe for disaster at most grounds surely and makes me worry about my 16 yr old grandson. He goes to most SU matches with his dad..:(

If it had been a semi final involving wednesday or united, i think most fans would have been in the ground much earlier to soak up the atmosphere,a semi final to liverpool back then was a common occurence so not being there early [ for some ] was not important.Regarding your grandson,dont worry about it,yeah there is a few late arrivals but nowt to cause a problem,if they were obviously drunk ,they wouldnt get in.

It's so easy to be wise after the event.

Hillsborough had hosted many semi finals in the previous decade and the allocated ends were always based on the easiest way to get fans to and from the ground with the least possibility of rival factions meeting each other.this not only depended on the road system but also the use of Midland Station and Wadsley Bridge for rail specials.

Wherever fans were put in a 50000 capacity stadium,there would be numerous fans from almost any club who could not get a ticket ( and yes I do criticise and blame fans who travel to games without a ticket.they only add to an already difficult situation)

Similarly the host ground was chosen because of its geographical suitability and capacity for whoever had got to the semis.

This decade of football had hithertoo been all about warring factions and firms and policing was deployed accordingly.It was a horrible time to watch football if you got caught up in some of the mayhem that happened.

With the benefit of hindsight it is obvious that there was a terrible convergence of factors which resulted in tragedy for the victims and numerous others.

What happened subsequently in SY police,the press and politicians who lied ,concealed and distorted the truth for so many years is only now beginning to unravel and I fear that not only the guilty will suffer.

Yea but if it was folk queuing for the Opera or Wimbledon....nipping down for the off chance...you wouldn't....that sadly was the climate in football those days...Every fan who goes to a game without a ticket...is not prepared to storm the gates...they go simply hoping....and there is no evidence there were thousands..no evidence there were hundreds..no evidence there were 10....

It was fencing that was responsible...it was a government that decided EVERY major ground should be dissected by these ridiculous death traps, and it was a culture that decided every poor sod in a football scarf was going to rape yer wife and run off with yer kids when they came to town...and sadly it was football fans...If you are gonna blame the government...blame the police, blame the constructers of football fences...you also have to have a look at football fans..in those days..and anyone involved in trouble all ovr the country...all over Europe...anyone who took a swing at a fellow fan cos he had a Wednesday or United scarf on...and Liverpool fans at Heysel...Spurs in Rotterdam...Millwall at luton...et al..ad nauseum...all brought about this bloody carnage that happened in our city in 1989..in some small way...it all cranked the the bloody wheel that tore through Sheffield 6 that horrific afternoon.....theres no easy comfortable answer to this...sure some folk are more culpable than others...but there are some culpable that are not even on the radar...they don't simply come from SYP or Merseyside..or wherever our tribalism has us point...they are legion...and they are all over the country

Worry not - the only danger now is freezing to death or frostbite as the central heating provided by a standing crowd has been replaced by all seater refrigeration units in winter.

Then the allocator - whoever he or she was along with the chief constable failing to challenge and therefore in agreement should collectively have their bumps felt - and as i recall this was the feeling before the tie was held.

I would like a new penal code for stupidity of these extremes - that of having ones ******** lanced by a Jess Ennis javelin

Ultimately, Graham Kelly, Chairman of the FA at the time, who is also mentioned in the previously-linked page in connection with perpetuating lies, I believe.

Has Graham Kelly apologised yet?

Why should you enlighten me? Because you are suggesting SWFC covered things up. so if you have made that accusation I'd simply like to know where, from the report, you got that. Simple really.

I'm not suggesting for a minute the SWFC are without blame.

The ground was old - as were many/most grounds of the time.

And safety was maintained to a budget - probably set too low.

But what I'd like to know is was it just that they had neglected their duties in not maintaining it right, had they got the right paperwork but it wasn't up to date, and did they lie to cover things up afterwards.

I've not read anything to suggest SWFC lied to cover things up afterwards.

Others suggest they have.

If that is the case, where have they read this?

Again your maintaining the local angle on this, i have not seen anyone call the Owls/swfc liars.

All i have seen suggested is for 23 years the Owls kept certain information quiet, i.e the state of the stadium and the invalid safety certificate.

Vital stats i would suggest. And one of many many important contributing factors.

If you have seen anyone claiming the Owls to be liars, perhaps you will offer a link. Or maybe move on, your turning this in to a rivals thread, and its not..its a justice thread.

Edited by TAT