Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

I think you'll find the need to find the truth is more important to the families

yes I agree I think its vital for the families.... I can just see further heartache and pain from raising all the misery all over again. :confused:

a catalogue of human error and bad judgement from all parties I believe. The people who suffered were the innocent ones.

I think you'll find the need to find the truth is more important to the families

yes I agree I think its vital for the families.... I can just see further heartache and pain from raising all the misery all over again. :confused:

a catalogue of human error and bad judgement from all parties I believe. The people who suffered were the innocent ones.

It seems as though every journalist T.V. Commentator,and Barrack room lawyer have now changed their opinion on the Hillsborough disaster.

They are falling over themselves to tell us that they never thought that the Liverpool fans where to blame in any way.

What a set of bigots the Media are.

this distaster had more than one catalyst and more than one group to blame, the liverpool fans, the police , the FA & the ground itself, all had a part to play, the police made some wrong decisions, the ground had no safety certificate, the fans pushing from the back had no tickets and were fuelled with drink, we can go on forever apportioning blame but none of this will bring back the innocents that were killed!! i wonder how long before monetery claims are put in??

Edited by AdamSmith

I agree Adam, I think it is all about personal responsibility. Surely we all have to take responsibility for our own actions. All those people and authorities you mention should be held accountable. I understand and agree with rossrooney that families have to be given peace, but knowing the government they will carryout some witch hunt. that doesnt give peace to anyone.

Should the Liverpool supporters outside the ground who forced their way in to an already full ground, carry some responsibility?
We may think that, but the 'independent panel' was obviously set up apportion blame in a way acceptable to Liverpool, in a way that previous enquiries didn't do. And it's done its job, they've decided it's all down to the SYP and the NHS. So for the sake of peace, let's not go there anymore?

Should the Liverpool supporters outside the ground who forced their way in to an already full ground, carry some responsibility?

it was reported at the time that 1-2,000 people outside the ground rushed the gates to try and gain entry (after the game had started) It doesnt say whether they had tickets or not. It was also reported that fatalities were expected to occur outside the ground due to the 'rushing of the gates' should something not be done.

So even now with all the evidence what could have been done differently?

The olympics manage to cope with massive crowds but then again there were thousands of people, paid and unpaid to deal with potential problems

How can such a city cope with something which was never expected.

If it hadnt happened at Sheffield I am positive it would have happened somewhere else, with fences within the ground and standing areas and no emergency exits (out only)

it was reported at the time that 1-2,000 people outside the ground rushed the gates to try and gain entry (after the game had started) It doesnt say whether they had tickets or not. It was also reported that fatalities were expected to occur outside the ground due to the 'rushing of the gates' should something not be done.

So even now with all the evidence what could have been done differently?

The olympics manage to cope with massive crowds but then again there were thousands of people, paid and unpaid to deal with potential problems

How can such a city cope with something which was never expected.

If it hadnt happened at Sheffield I am positive it would have happened somewhere else, with fences within the ground and standing areas and no emergency exits (out only)

Nothing more certain than it would have happened somewere else.

Yet more shenanigans...

Police officers who claimed trauma after the Hillsborough Disaster were given more than £90,000 in compensation on average, while families of children killed in the tragedy typically received only £3,500.

Families of the victims today spoke of their anger as it emerged that 16 officers received payments totalling £1.5million in the aftermath of the event.

The average payout for officers was £93,000 - 30 times the statutory level of compensation received by parents whose children were among the 96 Liverpool supporters crushed to death at the football stadium in Sheffield in 1989.Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2204038/Hillsborough-police-got-compensation-payouts-THIRTY-TIMES-higher-families-children-killed.html#ixzz26eSUU2UP