Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

Admin note: I know that emotions run high about the disaster, but there simply is no way that people who believe the opposite ends of the possibilities of what may have happened on the day are going to agree. It's also very unlikely that we are ever going to know the full truth of the situation no matter how many people give evidence to an investigation, so PLEASE stop this squabbling about what did, or did not, happen in the ground.

This thread is about the revelations from the release of the papers which record the day, and I really don't want to have to remove this thread, as all other threads about the topic have been removed, but this is dependent on everybody taking a step back, thinking before posting and respecting each other and those who died enough not to consign yet another thread to the dustbin because you have to force your opinion on everybody else.

The Hillsborough Disaster was a tragedy- please exercise restraint and leave the arguments out.

I have had to write this and sound off about the atrocities that have come to light regarding the Hillsborough disaster and the wasteful loss of life.

We live very close to the Hillsborough football ground and have to say we were and still are devastated at what happened on that fateful day.

We had traumatised people sat on our wall crying, we helped how we could but it could never be enough.

A Car park which was often used by the fans had many cars still in there for some time after. These were obviously the vehicles that the bereaved and deceased had used. We overlooked these for days after and felt so sorry and confused as to how this happened.

Until the recent truths came to light we the Sheffield Citizens were trying to put the disaster behind us, something the families of the deceased and injured liverpool supporters will never be able to do.

I feel so guilty that this atrocity happened in our city, and we were lied to by the people who are in office to protect us. How can we ever trust our police force again? and how can we ever now feel less guilty about it all.

I don't feel guilty about it at all, it wasn't me, I can understand you feeling sad but there is no need for you to feel guilty, there are other people who should be feeling very guilty but not you.

What the police did was appalling. It makes you wonder how many other miscarriages of justice there were in Sheffield around that time. If the police force were prepared to do this kind of conspiracy on a massive scale what must they have been getting up to in every day situations?

I would like to hear how they have ensured a police force could never do this again as what happened is scary.