Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

At some point when people kept screaming that the world was flat despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary they began to look like idiots.

Justice for the 96

True enough. They really don't want the truth, they prefer their version. Whatever, it makes them happy I suppose.

You both appear to be in some sort of denial about bad behavior of some of the Liverpool fans.

The police failed to control what exactly, a large crowd of well behaved people??

You both appear to be in some sort of denial about bad behavior of some of the Liverpool fans.

Nope,if you read this thread you'll see that what you are claiming is not true. It's simply that the fans did not cause the disaster, it was police incompetence followed by lies and a cover up.

Nope,if you read this thread you'll see that what you are claiming is not true. It's simply that the fans did not cause the disaster, it was police incompetence followed by lies and a cover up.

Is climbing over the walls to gain entry to the the ground, the actions of well behaved people holding tickets for the match.

Edited by bazjea

Is climbing over the walls to gain entry to the the ground action of well behaved people holding tickets for the match.

What's that got to do with the thread? Nobody has claimed all the fans were angels, please read the thread and see for yourself, it's just that the fans did not cause the disaster. Have you read the report?

What's that got to do with the thread? Nobody has claimed all the fans were angels, please read the thread and see for yourself, it's just that the fans did not cause the disaster. Have you read the report?

Yes I have, and I was in the Hillsborugh area of the ground at the

time of the disaster.

Not Read all the Thread , But would like to mention alot of sheffield folk around the ground opened there homes for fans and there familys , serving cups of tea, and just being there for the fans , a good sheffield spirit i think. and ive not herd that much said about that in the press .

I'm going to repost my admin note from earlier in the thread, because it appears that the same petty arguments are continuing:

Admin note: I know that emotions run high about the disaster, but there simply is no way that people who believe the opposite ends of the possibilities of what may have happened on the day are going to agree. It's also very unlikely that we are ever going to know the full truth of the situation no matter how many people give evidence to an investigation, so PLEASE stop this squabbling about what did, or did not, happen in the ground.

This thread is about the revelations from the release of the papers which record the day, and I really don't want to have to remove this thread, as all other threads about the topic have been removed, but this is dependent on everybody taking a step back, thinking before posting and respecting each other and those who died enough not to consign yet another thread to the dustbin because you have to force your opinion on everybody else.

The Hillsborough Disaster was a tragedy- please exercise restraint and leave the arguments out.

I contest that those badly behaved fans were making the police's job difficult to say the least.

Edit: Just seen the mod post, so thats the last from me on this particular point.

There's no doubt that the police had lost control of the crowd outside. I'm not sure if they ever had it in the first place though.

I can't remember seeing any footage where fans were throwing bottles, I'm not saying that isn't the case, and I've not come across any statements yet saying this, do you have links at all to the statements, sanman?

Sorry Darth I can't as you know literally thousands of statements were taken and was just going through them very adhocly to try and get an idea of various viewpoints. I can remember one was from a 15 year old liverpool fan.

To be honest I think its one of those situations that was a perfect storm scenario, poor policing, disgruntled fans due to ticket allocation issues, lack of communication when the doors were opened to ensure stewards were present to direct fans; metal pens which the government insisted football clubs installed.

Is any group more responsible for the events than any other, I would say no. I'm desperately sorry about those that were involved in the disaster and completely understand their desire to see 'justice'. However there wasn't any particular person or group that is responsible.

I believe the latest report is a political whitewash whose sole intent was to completely absolve liverpool fans of any blame.