Hillsborough document release

Hemibr

• 2 weeks later...
IPCC announce a large number of current and former police officers to face investigation, including Norman Bettison.

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-10-12/ipcc-large-number-of-former-police-officers-face-hillsborough-investigation/

I think there will be a lot of worried people now, knowing that they face possible manslaughter charges.

Hillsborough football ground has hosted many a big game (with South Yorkshire police taking charge) pre-disaster and these games were packed out, some of them were VERY packed out http://youtu.be/hUKIke_A1fY and no crushes took place; yet Liverpool come to town, a few years after Heysel, which their fans caused, and mayhem ensues.

You might find it interesting to Google the semi-finals at Hillsborough in 1981, 1987 and 1988...

I think there will be a lot of worried people now, knowing that they face possible manslaughter charges.

I can't see there being any manslaughter charges. The issues now being followed will relate to changing statements, blaming fans etc - if there are charges, then I think "perverting the course of justice" or "Something (I can't remember what) in public office".

I can't see there being any manslaughter charges. The issues now being followed will relate to changing statements, blaming fans etc - if there are charges, then I think "perverting the course of justice" or "Something (I can't remember what) in public office".

Some friends of mine died on an outward-bounds course which was run incompetently. The owner, not the instructors, was convicted for corporate manslaughter and was sentenced for three years, so I suspect that a similar thing be applied here.

I think if South Yorkshire police, Sheffield Wednesday Football club, the engineers who designed and built the stadium and Sheffield City Council are to be investigated then I think those badly behaved fans should be too, its only right.

There are a couple of hundred Liverpudlians who should reproach themselves for that day.

Edited by Hots on

The behaviour of certain English football clubs fans through the seventies and eighties, especially Liverpool fc, necessitated those dreadful penns; the Justice campaign need to have a long hard think about that.

Shhhhhh ......... don't mention things like that it's not pc, anyone remember the Wednesday fans getting slashed at Anfield in 1984 ? The scousers were notorious for it back then !

Here is a clip of Hull City fans taunting SYP at Hillsborough last week, of course if the coppers had responded heavy handedly they would have gone crying to the media !