Are CCTV cameras in school toilets and changing rooms acceptable?

I really can't understand why, if someone has a different opinion to you, you resort to insulting them. Is there any real need for that?

I was not insulting anyone specifically.How would you describe people who believe the stories found in many papers-naive,trusting,perceptive,sceptical?This thread is based on the suggestion that those employed by CCTv companies will spy on children etc.It is a pathetic suggestion aimed at people who will not question this assertion. ie simpletons,the gullible,sheep.it is people like this who absorb the propaganda of the BNP and similar neo-facist organisations.

I really can't understand why, if someone has a different opinion to you, you resort to insulting them. Is there any real need for that?

He's not being insulting, he's of the opinion that newspapers rely heavily on people forming an opinion around a headline without any attempt to understand the story. It happens.

I was not insulting anyone specifically.How would you describe people who believe the stories found in many papers-naive,trusting,perceptive,sceptical?This thread is based on the suggestion that those employed by CCTv companies will spy on children etc.It is a pathetic suggestion aimed at people who will not question this assertion. ie simpletons,the gullible,sheep.it is people like this who absorb the propaganda of the BNP and similar neo-facist organisations.

It is insulting. There have been several posters on here, who agree with me, but to you we're all gullible simpletons who can't form an opinion of our own.

What the heck has the BNP and Neo-Fascists got to do with anything about this subject?

I won't waste my time arguing about whether or not your assertions are insulting or not, as it's completely off topic, and quite frankly, not worth bothering about.

It is insulting. There have been several posters on here, who agree with me, but to you we're all gullible simpletons who can't form an opinion of our own.

What the heck has the BNP and Neo-Fascists got to do with anything about this subject?

I won't waste my time arguing about whether or not your assertions are insulting or not, as it's completely off topic, and quite frankly, not worth bothering about.

Well you seem to have plenty of other ways to waste your time,persisting in arguing that CCTVs are offering opportunities for voyeurism,when they are not there for that purpose.You are being an alarmist,and when challenged have to resort to claiming people are being insulting.You are insulting the people who may have to view this footage.

Well you seem to have plenty of other ways to waste your time,persisting in arguing that CCTVs are offering opportunities for voyeurism,when they are not there for that purpose.You are being an alarmist,and when challenged have to resort to claiming people are being insulting.You are insulting the people who may have to view this footage.

I don't seem to recall labelling you or anyone else with a different point of view as a simpleton or a sheep.

Also, I'm not insulting anyone who might view the footage, as my opinion is that it shouldn't be there in the first place!

I think that you are being a little over-sensitive to the subject, but I agree there are some posts which border on insulting. People do this when the argument is slipping from their grasp.

I'm not sure. I don't know if the poster was trying to compare you to the BNP and Neo-Fascists, or the news organisations who have run with the story.

Either way it is not relevent to the thread, and doesn't answer the subject.

+1 for that comment.

Archived