Its a mystery??

ok i'm really bamboozled by something that happened today in my car,i had just pulled up behind my sister in laws car ,i switched the engine off and noticed that my sister in law had left her lights on so i flashed mine to her to let her know and i noticed that on the digital display of my car it came up with "180 follow me" message ???:suspect: my headlights also stayed on and i had to switch ignition back on to get them to turn off(they normally switch off automatically as soon as engine is turned off which it was and they were'nt on before hand ) anyway anybody got any idea what the mystery message means because its thrown me lol? :)

I've never seen it do it before maybe it was because the engine wasn't running when i flashed ?the headlights were'nt even switched on so it threw me as to why they were on and what the message meant,i'm going to see if i can get it to do it tomorrow again .Very strange!

This is a follow you home function, my BMW has a similar system, as do Skoda's and VW's from what I've seen of friends cars. When the engine is off or stopped, if you flash the mainbeam it stays lit even with teh car subsequently locked for a few minutes. Give you chance to walk to the door, find the keys etc without needing a torch etc at night.

Archived