10 myths of the Uk's far right.

No they don't. They serve as days of celebration of Carribean culture. I was at the one in Leeds a couple of weeks ago. Despite the weather it was a great couple of days of music, food and drink from the West Indies enjoyed by people of all sorts.

Every single year there is a high amount of stabbings at the Nottinghill Carnival and the media dont even make a big deal of it; If 10 or so stabbings happened at any other event it would be a mega story, but because thet dare'nt appear to be making black people look bad at the Nottinghill carnival they play it all down.

Every single year there is a high amount of stabbings at the Nottinghill Carnival and the media dont even make a big deal of it; If 10 or so stabbings happened at any other event it would be a mega story, but because thet dare'nt appear to be making black people look bad at the Nottinghill carnival they play it all down.

Have you got any evidence at all of the media 'not making a big deal' of it? Or is just a convenient thing for you to believe without any basis in fact?

im sure every year the news say how many people have been arrested and for what for......just like glastonbury and certain other large gatherings

Have you got any evidence at all of the media 'not making a big deal' of it? Or is just a convenient thing for you to believe without any basis in fact?

I can't prove a negative can I? you want me to show you the media not doing something?? Its self-evident.

If 10 people were stabbed at Glastonbury it would be a big deal, headline news, whereas you practically have to seek out info on crime stats for the Nottinghill Carnival.

Anyway, it wasn't stabbings that bothered Owethemnowt - it was the bizzarre objection that ''It is an imported cultural activity totally alien to Britiain. There is no way it has moulded itself to adopt an English influence or combine, blend or merge with anything traditionally British.''

Clueless. Has he really no idea how British traditions and cultural activities are imports from elsewhere?

I can't prove a negative can I? you want me to show you the media not doing something??

If 10 people were stabbed at Glastonbury it would be a big deal, headline news, whereas you practically have to seak out info on crime stats for the Nottinghill Carnival.

It's reported widely in print, on the internet, radio and television.

Claiming otherwise is demonstrably false. You are right in saying that '10 stabbed at Glastonbury would make a bigger splash newswise' - but that has precisely zero to do with 'not wanting to offend the black community'.

Anyway, it wasn't stabbings that bothered Owethemnowt - it was the bizzarre objection that ''It is an imported cultural activity totally alien to Britiain. There is no way it has moulded itself to adopt an English influence or combine, blend or merge with anything traditionally British.''

Clueless. Has he really no idea how British traditions and cultural activities are imports from elsewhere?

You do realise they are not celebrations of Caribbean culture. The native Caribbean islanders were mostly wiped out by European invaders, and what you think of as Caribbean culture would have been imported from Africa.

You do realise they are not celebrations of Caribbean culture. The native Caribbean islanders were mostly wiped out by European invaders, and what you think of as Caribbean culture would have been imported from Africa.

Who cares where it's from originally? It's great fun.

Archived