10 myths of the Uk's far right.

heres a primary school history lesson on the anglo saxons for owethemnowt, yes of course they were pure english as if such a thing existed :hihi:

Really - further disappointed as we all know the AS were a mix. The point I make is the British way of life, whatever the colour.

It's the British way of life, though I mean English, that is being eroded as sure as any coastline. If the ethnic minorities embraced our culture they would add to it not replace.

That is the point as it is the danger.

There is no embracing the replacement of fish and chips as the most popular food with both chinese and Indian. That is a pure replacement. A very minor example but still one.

The replacement of thriving communities with areas of ghetto, i.e. Darnall, is a further example. A work in progress that few can see and few can stomach. The problems there are such that it is becoming lawless and dangerous to those who do not live there.

There are incidents of tyres being slashed when cars not known to practising Muslims are parked near the mosque each Friday. Locals know not to go anywhere near.

These are facts. Not statistics.

Is this the Britain you want?

Please spare me the lectures from those who live in Totley or Whirlowdale. To the Manor Born lectures to those on the Manor will not be found acceptable.

Thank you.

The point I make is the British way of life, whatever the colour.

It's the British way of life, though I mean English, that is being eroded as sure as any coastline. If the ethnic minorities embraced our culture they would add to it not replace.

This is grade A tosh. Ethnic minorities have made numerous welcome additions to british culture - musically, foodwise and in the arts.

You speak of the English way of life as if it is a singular thing that everyone shares. This is patently nonsensical.

Culture shifts and changes, always has and always will. Nothing is static, much as you might wish it to be.

There is no embracing the replacement of fish and chips as the most popular food with both chinese and Indian. That is a pure replacement. A very minor example but still one.

Try as I might I can't seem to understand what paragraph is trying to say.

Something about the relative merits of fish and chips versus Chinese and Indian - but quite what, I can't grasp.

The replacement of thriving communities with areas of ghetto, i.e. Darnall, is a further example. A work in progress that few can see and few can stomach. The problems there are such that it is becoming lawless and dangerous to those who do not live there.

Gross exaggeration/myth/rumour. No objective evidence. Poor effort.

There are incidents of tyres being slashed when cars not known to practising Muslims are parked near the mosque each Friday. Locals know not to go anywhere near.

These are facts.

No they aren't. That's exactly what they aren't. They are just assertions on your part.

Is this the Britain you want?

Lame and empty sloganeering.

Thank you.

In some opinions, extreme-left and extreme-rights are divided only in name. See the political gradations not as a line (left to right) but as a circle (wherein the line's left end and the line's right end are joined).

The same point I make with my signiture.

Something about the relative merits of fish and chips versus Chinese and Indian - but quite what, I can't grasp.

He seems to be under the impression that fish and chips were around at the time of the Battle of Hastings. Well, he's out by about 800 years.

"Joseph Malin opened the first recorded combined fish-and-chip shop in London in 1860 or in 1865, while a Mr Lees pioneered the concept in the North of England, in Mossley, in 1863."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fish_and_chips

It has been suggested elsewhere that "it was most likely the presence of a nearby Irish Ordinary that led a Jewish londoner called Joseph Malin to hit upon the idea of combining fried fish with chipped potatoes".

http://telescoper.wordpress.com/2010/08/26/150-years-of-fish-and-chips/

Given the history of Jews and Irishmen/women in England, I would call fish and chips a bona fide immigrant dish. As for that matter is dim sum, or tikka masala.

He seems to be under the impression that fish and chips were around at the time of the Battle of Hastings. Well, he's out by about 800 years.

"Joseph Malin opened the first recorded combined fish-and-chip shop in London in 1860 or in 1865, while a Mr Lees pioneered the concept in the North of England, in Mossley, in 1863."

It has been suggested elsewhere that "it was most likely the presence of a nearby Irish Ordinary that led a Jewish londoner called Joseph Malin to hit upon the idea of combining fried fish with chipped potatoes".

Given the history of Jews and Irishmen/women in England, I would call fish and chips a bona fide immigrant dish. As for that matter is dim sum, or tikka masala.

as we keep saying, theres very little that can be purely classed as "english" but some keep clinging to things to keep their quaint little picture in their head of how we used to be, before we got invaded by these nasty "muslims" and "east europeans"

I don't think the origins are so important. Fish and chips are a firm cultural favourite and as iconic of Britain as anything.

Archived