10 myths of the Uk's far right.

Going out for any meal is an import as the words cafe and restaurant are both French. There was no English word for them when they first started to appear in this country so the French words were used as they already existed.

yeah we prolly just went to the tavern to get ratarsed on good old english mead?

ooh you can buy some lol

and going for an "indian" is these days

Indeed. A good example of foreign culture being openly accepted and even assimilated into our own culture. But that is not a good reason that we must accept all aspects of foreign cultures, particularly intolerant attitudes, things that are not compatible with our own culture etc.

that is not a good reason that we must accept all aspects of foreign cultures, particularly intolerant attitudes, things that are not compatible with our own culture etc

I don't accept intolerant attitudes in any culture. But you talk about "our culture" as if the whole of Britain is one monolithic bloc. And that's patently untrue.

Some of us are sitting on more investments than a person can possibly spend during a lifetime. Others are queueing for benefits or low-paid work.

I wonder what the two have in common that you could identify as "the British way of life".

Indeed. A good example of foreign culture being openly accepted and even assimilated into our own culture. But that is not a good reason that we must accept all aspects of foreign cultures, particularly intolerant attitudes, things that are not compatible with our own culture etc.

Define 'our own culture'.

Do I have to eat a Sunday Roast? Attend football matches? Like cricket? Love the Royal family? Go to church?

What if I don't do any of those?

I don't accept intolerant attitudes in any culture. But you talk about "our culture" as if the whole of Britain is one monolithic bloc. And that's patently untrue.

Some of us are sitting on more investments than a person can possibly spend during a lifetime. Others are queueing for benefits or low-paid work.

I wonder what the two have in common that you could identify as "the British way of life".

The way of life is pretty much the culture, you can't really separate the two. I don't see British culture as one thing only originating entirely and wholly within these shores. To go back to the fish and chips example, even potatoes are not native to the UK.

Things can be accepted and assimilated into the native culture, just like curries, China Towns and Diwali festivals.

This does not mean however, that all cultural imports are desireable. Patently, some cultural imports that arrive here with migrant populations can be very undesirable, things we don't particularly want to see happening in the UK.

The way of life is pretty much the culture, you can't really separate the two. I don't see British culture as one thing only originating entirely and wholly within these shores. To go back to the fish and chips example, even potatoes are not native to the UK.

Things can be accepted and assimilated into the native culture, just like curries, China Towns and Diwali festivals.

This does not mean however, that all cultural imports are desireable. Patently, some cultural imports that arrive here with migrant populations can be very undesirable, things we don't particularly want to see happening in the UK.

so like the rest of the right you want to pick and choose which bits are british culture because YOU like them, and which bits YOU dont like or even which type of people they come from so YOU dont like it.

sorry it doesnt work like that, its NOT all about YOU, its about US ALL

theres either a british culture from back in history that we ALL relate to or there isnt

so like the rest of the right you want to pick and choose which bits are british culture because YOU like them, and which bits YOU dont like or even which type of people they come from so YOU dont like it.

sorry it doesnt work like that, its NOT all about YOU, its about US ALL

theres either a british culture from back in history that we ALL relate to or there isnt

I'm afraid it does work like that. Accepting the positives is no justification for acceptance of the negatives.

Example. 12 year old girls being married off.

Is this a desirable cultural import that we should embrace? Just a yes or no please.

No - it is wrong, totally.

Part of English culture, is that the English are generally liberal minded and tolerant of others - This tolerance seem to have been exploited by certain minority groups (particulary the Hard Left) to impose their will on the majority.

The biggest myth about the Far Right in England is that they actually exist in anything other than miniscule numbers..... It just suits the Hard Left to describe anyone that doesn't agree with them as "racists" "bigots" "reactionaries" and "whatever phobes"

No - it is wrong, totally.

Part of English culture, is that the English are generally liberal minded and tolerant of others - This tolerance seem to have been exploited by certain minority groups (particulary the Hard Left) to impose their will on the majority.

The biggest myth about the Far Right in England is that they actually exist in anything other than miniscule numbers..... It just suits the Hard Left to describe anyone that doesn't agree with them as "racists" "bigots" "reactionaries" and "whatever phobes"

And Fascists.

Archived