Not a weather talk

How do you do people of Sheffield,

I’ve heard you got a lot of snow out there lately.

Just as we are actually – there was a terrible snowstorm, uncommon even for these places on Thursday evening. But terrible is not the word 4 it:

I LOVE THIS KIND OD WEATHER! Storms, lightning, heavy fog, severe rain or intensive snowfall.

Especially when feeling warm, drinking hot drink or on the contrary – walking long distances with proper overcoat! That’s what I did!

Sheer excitement! But what is this? I can’t detect the mechanism. Maybe something from the prehistoric ages?

;)

I should imagine our 'snowstorm' wasnt quite as good as the one in Sergiev Posad.

The snow fell for about 15 minutes, leaving a thin coating which froze over quite quickly, and the entire country came to a standstill. Pathetic really! We cant cope with any extreme weather.

Originally posted by jackthedog

I should imagine our 'snowstorm' wasnt quite as good as the one in Sergiev Posad.

The snow fell for about 15 minutes, leaving a thin coating which froze over quite quickly, and the entire country came to a standstill. Pathetic really! We cant cope with any extreme weather.

Yes standstill must be not that pleasant really. But maybe this is all because of the “summer”-type tires as for the cars? I don’t know whether it is common in the UK but most Russian drivers change it twice a year. Or just don't drive at all during winter months :)

Hope everyone is OK.

Originally posted by jackthedog

Oh dear, it's all getting complicated :)

I didn't understand what you were saying about hovercrafts!

jackthedog,

I suppose it was a joke about snow chains…

If not than sorry. I really meant not this but winter tyres, these ones with little rubber sticks around. Not snow chains really.

Duffman,

I’ll do what I promised here today. Watch this space – An Everchanging Guide To Russia comes out soon

:) :) :)

Archived