Renault Megane Dynamique 02reg issues

natzzz

I part exchanged my old car for a 55 plate Megane from a dealer in Jan 2008 so it was just over 2 years old and still under manufacturers warranty. I was offered an extended 2 year warranty for somewhere around £300-£400 (can't remember exactly how much) which I took. The dealer promptly tried to commence it immediately thus rendering nearly a year of it worthless! I complained and to their credit they changed it to start once the manufacturers warranty expired. Best warranty I ever took out as it went back a number of times for some serious and expensive problems, all of which were covered. The biggest one was a major electrics issue that took them three days to diagnose and another two days to fix (major rewiring etc). That alone would have cost me over £1200 but for the warranty! Touch wood I haven't had any problems since but as there's no warranty left the next expensive problem will see me getting rid one way or another.

• 2 weeks later...

Not only are Renault Migraines notoriously bad with electrics, they are also one of the most ugliest cars ever made. A big fat asre and a jelly wobble design, just like all french crap. So many people who have had these cars say they would never, ever buy another. It seems that the Migraine could possibly be the worse car, followed closely by the ****roen Picasso blob-mobeel. Its all down to choice, and until Aston Martins are in the £1000 and under section of the Ad-Mag, then us poor working class fools will continue buying this French crap, and breaking down on a daily basis.

Archived