Summat to do next weekend for beer lovers

DerbyTup

The beer selection looks really good. I may try and pop over

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Very good beer list I agree, although I'll be watching some sport round here this weekend.

I've been to the National Winter Ale Festival in Manchester before, but I haven't ventured that side of the pennines in a while. Last big beery day out was to The Grove in Huddersfield for IPA day.

The beer selection looks really good. I may try and pop over

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

very easy trip - as long as you get on a train that definitely stops in Chinley! Not all Sheff - Manc trains stop there. Be about 40 mins from Sheff - then you've got a 10/15 mins walk from Chinley station.

Very good beer list I agree, although I'll be watching some sport round here this weekend.

I've been to the National Winter Ale Festival in Manchester before, but I haven't ventured that side of the pennines in a while. Last big beery day out was to The Grove in Huddersfield for IPA day.

good pub the Grove. My favourite one in Hudders. Great beer selection, local Magic Rock and usually have some Buxton and Marble on as well.

good pub the Grove. My favourite one in Hudders. Great beer selection, local Magic Rock and usually have some Buxton and Marble on as well.

I'd go further and say it's one of the top pubs in the UK, if not the very best.

Their big thing that day was 2 beers served through randall's (a container full of hops that the beer passes through between the keg and the tap, the hops being changed every hour). Plus a talk from Magic Rock about IPA.

It was proper beer geek's evening but it was very good indeed.

I've been checking this out for months, but unfortunately some miserable individual arranged the Panthers v Steelers ice hockey game in Nottingham on the same day and that trumps this festival.....Maybe next year.

Regards

Doom

Archived