Fitting a CD auto changer in the car.

I would check to see if your head unit has the facility to accept a cd autochanger multi plug or output jack before you commit to buying an autochanger. Most autochangers are relatively easy to fit, its just a case of removing your head unit so you can access the plugs at the back for the power out and the sound input in. Hiding the wires down the side of the car can be a bit fiddly too dependant on the trims around the bottom of the car.

It may be easier to get a head unit that accepts multiple discs,my Mazda car has a 6 disc one.

The head unit is a 2 din unit???

Does that mean anything to anyone?

Also, the head unit is compatible with an auto changer and it has the controls on the steering wheel to skip disks, i think it just was never picked as an option on the car.

Haviong said that i like the idea of a multi disk head unitl

Are they expensive?

I would check to see if your head unit has the facility to accept a cd autochanger multi plug or output jack before you commit to buying an autochanger. Most autochangers are relatively easy to fit, its just a case of removing your head unit so you can access the plugs at the back for the power out and the sound input in. Hiding the wires down the side of the car can be a bit fiddly too dependant on the trims around the bottom of the car.

Its the trim thats worrying me. Im a bit ham fisted and rather clumsey when it comes to anything like that. lol.

The head unit though, that has all the gubbins to add an auto changer but it never got one fitted when the car was bought.

Its the trim thats worrying me. Im a bit ham fisted and rather clumsey when it comes to anything like that. lol.

The head unit though, that has all the gubbins to add an auto changer but it never got one fitted when the car was bought.

Most units will come with the wiring,it is a relatively easy job to do but does require some patience.

My mazda unit is a 2 din - just means its twice the thickness of a normal unit(which is 1 din) which negates the option of a £49.95 unit from Halfords as they tend to be 1 din.

If you have all the controls for an autochanger on your steering wheel then the wiring will already be there for an autochanger in the boot or glovebox or under passenger seat (Check with dealer to find location) it should be a simple plug and play situation if you can get an autochanger that accepts the plug in your car. HAPPY DAYS...

Archived