Anyone got a Volvo V50 T5 ? what real world MPG do you get?

I miss my recklessly fast Volvo and quite fancy another one. Having checked the insurance, I was surprised to find it only £70 more a year than my Saaaaaaab, but I know the fuel consumption will be a bit different.

Anyone Got the V50 T5?? Auto trader figures are not great, but what do your really get! I know my old S60 T5 would struggle to get over 27mpg, even on the motorway, but that was a few years ago.

Taaaa

:)

Lets be honest..if you are going to buy a "T" anything Volvo its built for speed and not economy...i had a V40 2.0 when they were first introduced and i found the build quality not very good at all,although it was a very nice car,i also tried a V70 D5 and it sounded like a farm tractor and drove like one too...my present car does over 70mpg is road tax exempt, 1.8 litre petrol engine,whisper quiet,reversing camera,even parks itself at the push of a button and is far better built than any Volvo alive...oops i think my age is showing.......:hihi::hihi:

Lets be honest..if you are going to buy a "T" anything Volvo its built for speed and not economy...i had a V40 2.0 when they were first introduced and i found the build quality not very good at all,although it was a very nice car,i also tried a V70 D5 and it sounded like a farm tractor and drove like one too...my present car does over 70mpg is road tax exempt, 1.8 litre petrol engine,whisper quiet,reversing camera,even parks itself at the push of a button and is far better built than any Volvo alive...oops i think my age is showing.......:hihi::hihi:

Yea, I get 40 from my Saab on a run, but less generally milling about, so if the Volvo manged 30 with general driving then I could have coped with it. I used to have an X reg S60 T5, and that was like a tank. A very fast tank! Really really comfortable, amazing stereo, could not fault it. Apart from the economy. The V50 D5 would be a good compromise, but they are so bloody expensive!

I bet you have a Volvo :),don't get me wrong,my V40 CD was extremely well equipped and comfy,the seats were excellent,i bought it because at the time i needed a good estate car, and it certainly was,but personally i thought the build quality was poor,at speeds around 70mph the wind noise was terrible too..but that is just my own opinion of course...as for lasting forever,who cares,:huh:,i don't intend keeping a car that long..,and, i am talking about a Volvo i had15 years ago..they may have improved since then.:hihi::hihi:

Archived