Millions being penalised by the highest rents ever charged in Britain.

I think people with careers that require moving house regularly may be very upset if the rentiers were wiped out......

You always seem to state/believe that people are forced to rent rather than do it through choice - Simply not true.

Why would they be upset? Cheaper housing and more properties would make it easier to move in the first place?

Chem1st, if you (unexpectedly) inherited a nice 3/4 bedroom house say in Dore or similar, with high grade fittings and furnishings and a lovely manicured garden, what would you do with it?

I'd argue for Land value tax, pay land value tax, stop ranting on here, dig up the garden and turn it over for food production and look towards starting a family.

I don't want to live up Dore though, I want to be able to self build on the Manor upon the land where housing has been demolished! Queen Mary Rd is perfect for me! I would gladly pay land value tax unto others for depriving them of access to said land.

I'd argue for Land value tax, pay land value tax, stop ranting on here, dig up the garden and turn it over for food production and look towards starting a family.

I don't want to live up Dore though, I want to be able to self build on the Manor upon the land where housing has been demolished! Queen Mary Rd is perfect for me! I would gladly pay land value tax unto others for depriving them of access to said land.

Kinda like this..?

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/sdlt/intro/basics.htm

Do you consider that my purchase of property constitutes handling stolen goods? IS that what you are accusing me of? I noticed you avoided the awkward questions when posed to you.

Wonder how much it costs to rent say a 3 bed house in a reasonable are in a provincial city in Europe somewhere :confused: It would be interesting to compare

Land monopoly and CAP payments are already enacted across all of Europe, and even further afield.

There are some places where land monopolies have been defeated, Nagorno Karabakh for example. The people their don't pay rent unto Azerbaijani landlords.

from your qouted site....

What did the various Germanic tribes , Angles, Saxons, Jutes etc, do to the Britons who controlled this land before their arrival? Under the Normans the Cornish language regained territory lost to English.

The Normans used a massive amount of Breton warriors in the conquest of England. Perhaps those Bretons saw it as a chance to regain THEIR LANDS lost to Saxons. Of note is that the Normans put a Breton, as Earl, in charge of Brythonic Cornwall.

Thats a bit more like the reality of the matter...

Good.

You accept in this thread that land value is a factor in the cost of housing.

Do you accept that CAP payments distort land values?

Thus, do you accept that there is no freemarket in land and thus no freemarket in housing... ?

No, your assertion doesn't follow from your facts.

The CAP affects the value of agricultural land that can't be built on. And the market being affected by government doesn't mean that the market is no longer described as free.

If that's the definition you wish to apply then there never has been and never can be a free market, nor would we wish it. Moderate social management of the market place is for the good of everyone (for example enforcing sales of goods policies and H&S).

Mod Note

Posts insulting other users and making accusations have been removed.

Keep it civil please

Taking into account this censorship I will no longer be participating in this thread. the thread no longer reads though as it should do, and thus there is bias. Removal of posts means some posts and replies are no longer understandable.

Please close thread, there is no point in it being carried on.

Edit - posts quoting external references and linked to did not insult anybody and they were also removed.

Has anyone done their sums? A house in Hillsborough worth say £125k and brings on £500pcm. £6k per year.

£125k in a high interest bond paying 4.5% would pay £5625 per year with low risks and no effort.

Take out of your £6k a year income (presuming the house has no mortgage) void period (no rent), estate agent costs (tenant fining fee £500 + vat = £600) + 10% management fee if not diy, insurance £200, maintenance on a 100 year old £unlimited and it makes you wonder why bother?

So where is this greed? When it is money worth more in the bank?

It also doesn,t help when the LHA pays something like £495 pcm for a 3 bed for a run down house in a run down area. That virtually set a starting point for rent in this City.

Archived