Millions being penalised by the highest rents ever charged in Britain.

Yes it is, I doubt that the level of HB has anything to do with what go4it can and does charge his tenants. And even if it did, it's not a situation he can change, it's just the situation he has to run his business in.

You're describing price discovery within the context of a particular market. That is not the same as a free market. The housing market was/is rigged by the banks, not free at all.

Happy to discuss ;)

You're describing price discovery within the context of a particular market. That is not the same as a free market. The housing market was/is rigged by the banks, not free at all.

Happy to discuss ;)

I buy a house, for cash.....where do the banks fit into rigging that one?

You don't get it. It's your business. You're responsible for it. If you don't like the downsides of the business then get out of it and try a different one. Or get a better vetting agency. Or vet the tenants yourself.

So you are sticking up for the idiots.

Prices are being raised for everything from groceries to council tax - all because of the idiots who cost money.

It's like car insurance - because of the idiots who defraud the insurance companies out of millions each year, we have to pay extra on our premiums.

As a result I am obviously very picky who I let to, and I want job references, character references plus much more.

I buy a house, for cash.....where do the banks fit into rigging that one?

Because the price you pay will (in some way) be related to the market value of the house you buy.

Or are you saying you can set your own price, independent of market values? If so I don't know why you are posting on here - you should be relaxing on your private caribbean island.

So you are sticking up for the idiots.

Prices are being raised for everything from groceries to council tax - all because of the idiots who cost money.

It's like car insurance - because of the idiots who defraud the insurance companies out of millions each year, we have to pay extra on our premiums.

As a result I am obviously very picky who I let to, and I want job references, character references plus much more.

No, I think it's disgusting that people would get away with wilfully damaging property. But that is the business you are in and you have to be prepared to take the knocks. The reality is it isn't a one-way street to easy money. If you'd done your homework you'd know that getting the tenant from hell is a real possibility.

It's nothing like insurance. Your bad business decisions leading to higher prices for what you are selling don't cost me anything. I own my own house.

If you are being very picky then you must be getting better tenants in, and have your business back on track. So why moan?

whats stopping you then ?apart from greed

What a stupid thing to say.

I am more of a reluctant landlord - even renting it out I still lose money a month. Which is why when I get a bad tenant I lose even more.

It's not greed in the slightest. What an insensitive, stupid comment to make.

Because the price you pay will (in some way) be related to the market value of the house you buy.

Or are you saying you can set your own price, independent of market values? If so I don't know why you are posting on here - you should be relaxing on your private caribbean island.

Of course I cant set the wider market values or I would be sat on that island ;)

But, sometimes, houses sell for a lot less than "market value" - IF that house is bought by-to-let its more a matter of the yield than the actual value of the house

Archived