Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film

WeX

But how do you deal with someone in another country not under our laws?

You can't, not even if we invade it.

The problem with religion and as in this case, is you have one set screaming death to the infidels for insulting the prophet, and another set screaming, if you don't believe you'll be damned into everlasting hot coals for all eternity. Both threats are pretty nasty by my reckoning and shouldn't be confused with one being better or worse than the other..

There is no answer as long as religion exists. The peaks and troughs are dependent on how fragile we are politically, socially, financially.

We are in a trough at mo. :hihi:

But how do you deal with someone in another country not under our laws?

The title of the thread is "violence erupts in Sydney"the placards that I am talking about are the ones in Sydney,therefore I am talking about the Australians dealing with it appropriately.:D

The title of the thread is "violence erupts in Sydney"the placards that I am talking about are the ones in Sydney,therefore I am talking about the Australians dealing with it appropriately.:D

Hehe ok.It gets lost in the multitude of other protests going on around the world.:hihi:

How many peaceful and prosperous democratic countries are islamic?....I cannot think of any myself.:huh:

According to a Gallup survey in 2009 the most religious countries are all middle eastern and african apart from the united states.The least religious countrys are all in europe apart from russia.The least religious country in the world is Estonia.Guess where most of the civil wars take place,the middle east and africa.

Some people like to pretend this doesn't happen in civilised countries, like there's no problem, when in fact there is.

According to a Gallup survey in 2009 the most religious countries are all middle eastern and african apart from the united states.The least religious countrys are all in europe apart from russia.The least religious country in the world is Estonia.Guess where most of the civil wars take place,the middle east and africa.

I guess that you cannot think of any democratic, prosperous islamic countries either then, More backward really.

I have a number of friends who are Muslim and who are decent people.

There is nothing in either the law or the morés of modern society (and I'll be generous - I'll expand that to include the Sheffield Forum) which requires ANYBODY to support or deny any statement made by any religious organisation.

I don't like Muslims. Any more than I like or dislike Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, Catholics, Prods [that gives you a clue] or anybody else.

I don't dislike Muslims, either.

I do dislike [you can use the word 'hate' here , if you like] any group which abuses its right to freedom of expression to 'justify' atrocities.

Any group.

The Arabs had their 'Arab Spring'.

Springtime is the time you plant crops. I do hope they planted sufficient grain to tide them through the winter, because (I hope) any Muslim state which has attacked Western interests will be 'on its own' when it comes to feeding its people.

You don't like the West? - That's your choice!

Don't expect them to feed you.

Unless, of course, you live in the UK.

What are the penalties (did they change under Ju-Liar?) for rioting in Australia?

Does Australian law allow for rioters to be deported?

(IMO, it's about time we - the civilised countries in the world - scrapped the crap about 'will somebody mistreat you when you get back home?'

You knew where home is when you left it. You knew the rules before you started. Why on earth should the British taxpayer provide you with an easy life?

There are rules. If somebody breaks the rules (even just a bit - there are 'grounds for appeal [from elsewhere] you get rid of them.

Don't break the rules and you won't get kicked out.

Problem is we have let the muslims into the west and now we are going to pay the price,sorry but this is going to end badly one way or another,just remember that the politicians with your help brought this about,you voted to let them in and now its going to be payback time.

You knew where home is when you left it. You knew the rules before you started. Why on earth should the British taxpayer provide you with an easy life?

There are rules. If somebody breaks the rules (even just a bit - there are 'grounds for appeal [from elsewhere] you get rid of them.

Don't break the rules and you won't get kicked out.

You do realise that, in general, the British taxpayer doesn't provide Australians with an easy life anyway?

Archived