Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film

WeX

I have a number of friends who are Muslim and who are decent people.

There is nothing in either the law or the morés of modern society (and I'll be generous - I'll expand that to include the Sheffield Forum) which requires ANYBODY to support or deny any statement made by any religious organisation.

I don't like Muslims. Any more than I like or dislike Hindus, Jains, Buddhists, Catholics, Prods [that gives you a clue] or anybody else.

I don't dislike Muslims, either.

I do dislike [you can use the word 'hate' here , if you like] any group which abuses its right to freedom of expression to 'justify' atrocities.

Any group.

The Arabs had their 'Arab Spring'.

Springtime is the time you plant crops. I do hope they planted sufficient grain to tide them through the winter, because (I hope) any Muslim state which has attacked Western interests will be 'on its own' when it comes to feeding its people.

You don't like the West? - That's your choice!

Don't expect them to feed you.

Unless, of course, you live in the UK.

What are the penalties (did they change under Ju-Liar?) for rioting in Australia?

Does Australian law allow for rioters to be deported?

(IMO, it's about time we - the civilised countries in the world - scrapped the crap about 'will somebody mistreat you when you get back home?'

You knew where home is when you left it. You knew the rules before you started. Why on earth should the British taxpayer provide you with an easy life?

There are rules. If somebody breaks the rules (even just a bit - there are 'grounds for appeal [from elsewhere] you get rid of them.

Don't break the rules and you won't get kicked out.

"This is a no-nonsense engagement," Mr Scipione (NSW police comissioner) said.

"If you want to act like you are extremist criminals, we will treat you like you're extremist criminals."

I found this in the Melbourne Newspaper and think it is brilliant:

An open letter

Peter FitzSimons September 16, 2012

To the Islamic protesters ...

HAVE we Sydney-siders got this straight?

Because on the other side of the Pacific, somewhere in California, some loser has thrown together some kind of amateur internet video insulting your particular god, you think it justifiable to:

Take over the Sydney CBD.

Cause willful damage to property.

Throw rocks at police officers who are doing nothing more than their duty.

Hold up such ludicrous signs as “Behead all those who insult the prophet.”

We have to ask: Do you have the first clue as to the ramifications of your actions? Do you not understand that the net result of such irresponsible, appalling action is to give ample fuel to every racist in the country to reinforce every bad stereotype they have ever had of you, and that will affect badly the hundreds of thousands of other peaceful and law-abiding Islamic Australians?

In short, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!

Get this straight, and quickly: some of you may be from countries where this kind of thing is acceptable. But it is NOT acceptable in this country.

In this country you are free to worship whatever god you damn well please. Others are free to worship their gods.

And I am free to say it is all nonsense over imaginary friends.

But you are not free to create the mayhem you did yesterday, simply because you don't like a freaking video!

Racists have said for years, “If you don't like the way we do things here, go back to where you came from.” The net result of your actions yesterday is that – for those people specifically disgracing themselves in the CBD yesterday, not the vast bulk of Islamic Australians – much of the country now feels the same.

Nice work.

You got to hand it to these Offendedmuslims (that's what they're called, right?).

They'll use any excuse to trash their already trashy little countries, won't they?

Must have good internet access there, though.

The article above is spot on. Shame we are not allowed to print that kind of stuff here.

You got to hand it to these Offendedmuslims (that's what they're called, right?).

They'll use any excuse to trash their already trashy little countries, won't they?

Must have good internet access there, though.

The article above is spot on. Shame we are not allowed to print that kind of stuff here.

what and upset someone :roll:

Archived