Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film

WeX

so why is this case going through the courts still:huh:

I was taking my information from the article you quoted!

"An employment tribunal ruled she had not suffered religious discrimination, but the airline changed its uniform policy after the case to allow all religious symbols, including crosses. Miss Eweida has pursued the case, however, to try to establish in law the rights of other religious people."

have you not seen the threads about gary glitter/raul moat/peter sutcliffe etc :huh:

I don't see your point?

None of those threads have demanded that all men immediately denounce those people for their actions. I've never seen people saying that anyone who (used to) support Gary Glitter (as a pop star) must agree with his actions unless they publically criticise those actions. I've not seen people saying that the North East is backwards because of what Raul Moat did.

People (rightly) do criticise those people for their actions, but we don't automatically assume that anyone who share something in common with them must agree with those actions unless they publically state otherwise.

but nobody was killed when it was aired
My point is people felt sufficiently offended so the film was banned, in other words there were restrictions placed on free speech on the basis of it offending Christians.

( btw what do you think about the embassy officials death by these followers of peace)?

Surprised you have to ask, here's my contribution from the relevant thread, 3 days ago

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=9176731&postcount=6

Wasting your time mate.

Hes blind like a lot of them to what islam is really all about.

Well i say blind, hes probably just ignorant too.

I don't place it above or below any other religion...they're all crackers, and some within their ranks like to behave like *****..however I still believe that they have a right to be offended, it's how it manifests itself that causes the problem.

I don't place it above or below any other religion...they're all crackers, and some within their ranks like to behave like *****..however I still believe that they have a right to be offended, it's how it manifests itself that causes the problem.

If thats the case then you must agree that its the MAJORITY of muslims that are the problem as apose to the minority?

Archived