Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film

WeX

In western nations we do not allow the extreme parts of our population to rise up like this and kill foreigners! We are constantly told this kind of thing is only carried out by a tiny minority, so why does the peaceful majority fail to prevent these things from happening?

What did you do to try and stop Rwanda? Breivik? Murder towards abortion providers? That's not an exhaustive list btw.

mmmm I already put that earlier in the thread backed up from a very reputable source and an over zealous mod deems it fit not only to edit my post but change the bit i quoted completely.

Its not as though i made anything up so why censor everything.Its almost as if they are trying to hide the fact that it happened.Shame on you whichever mod edited my post for trying to hide the fact.Its in the public domain not something made up.

I didn't know it was you, but I remember reading it. There was someone else I was going to quote, but their post has likewise disappeared! :confused:

The Islamists are more zealous than Christians imo, they may see anything anti-Islam as baiting - we are more used to satirical attacks on religion, the clergy etc. and are not as sensitive - in fact it could be said that most of us don't care as much about religion as they do

I don't regard their aggressive, vengeful and murderous attitudes as religious at all but would question why any filmmaker would seek to put out stuff which they must know would affront them, not exactly encouraging peace

Wasn't his car hit by an RPG? Or has that story now changed?

I didn't read about his car, but it does say he died of smoke inhalation??? Then I read that he was raped before being murdered.

I saw pictures of his body, which I didn't want to see and won't even link to here. I scrolled down and there they were. He didn't look like he died in a car that was hit by an RPG. Christopher Stevens grew up in the Bay Area, same as me. Which makes this just that much more sad.

I imagine it will be awhile before the truth comes out.

Serious question, what's the answer?
All religions are fragile, including Islam, so the answer is yes to the first part. It's also yes to the second part, because they would have to be immature to be lead so easily into violence by the firebrands. Thirdly, society is also responsible, in part, for practically encouraging their violent behaviour by giving in like a bunch of cowards. We ought not tolerate it at all, and they should be left in no doubt that it is unacceptable, and unrewarding!

The Islamists are more zealous than Christians imo, they may see anything anti-Islam as baiting - we are more used to satirical attacks on religion, the clergy etc. and are not as sensitive - in fact it could be said that most of us don't care as much about religion as they do

I don't regard their aggressive, vengeful and murderous attitudes as religious at all but would question why any filmmaker would seek to put out stuff which they must know would affront them, not exactly encouraging peace

Au contraire, I think their behaviour is very religious. It's absolutely by the book.

Archived