The government says your under occupied, will it effect you ?

there are records waiting lists already for council properties so i dont think the council would struggle to re-let repossed properties.

Thats due to the fact they knocked so many down and instead of rebuilding they sold the land for private houses, hence the reason for a large waiting list!!

If you get housing benefit, and your a single person or a couple and you have more then 1 bedroom, you now have to pay 10 pounds towards your housing benefit no excemptions what so ever, it doesnt matter if you are disabled, have adapted housing or you are a foster carer, what are your thoughts on this ?

It would be better that they evict you into a smaller property more suited, and allow a family that need it to have your property :)

If it's publicly funded housing, it's not yours, it's a public resource.

I think that what it really means is that if the government is giving you a large house which you don't need and I come to Sheffield and I need somewhere to live for a short time (because I'm homeless) They might make you put me up.

What's wrong with that?

You're getting subsidised accommodation (paid for by the taxpayer) and I need subsidised accomodation (paid for by the same taxpayer.)

Why should the taxpayer have to pay twice? - Move over! - You've got room.

What about peoples grandchildren, neices, nephews, relatives, that stay over on a weekend or in the school holidays. Where are they supposed to sleep if they move you into a one bedroomed flat ? Or say an ill mother that needs looking after now and again for a few weeks do you have to say now that they cannot stay with you anymore.

What are you saying, Janice? - If I have the money and I'm prepared to spend it on a 300 bedroom mansion so that my grandchildren, their children and half the county can come round to my house and spend the school hols with me, then that -surely - is my choice. It won't cost you (the taxpayer) a penny.

If there's just me, my wife and the two dogs are you suggsting that the taxpayer should provide me with a huge house so I could entertain as I see fit?

(Please send me a cheque. I haven't ever been subsidised by the taxpayer and I'm beginning to feel hard done-by.)

What about peoples grandchildren, neices, nephews, relatives, that stay over on a weekend or in the school holidays. Where are they supposed to sleep if they move you into a one bedroomed flat ? Or say an ill mother that needs looking after now and again for a few weeks do you have to say now that they cannot stay with you anymore.

The average council house has two or three bedrooms....many occupied by a couple who have brought up a family there. To tell them they must move because they now have a spare bedrooom or pay extra is beyond belief!

The spare room may be the son/daughters room who is at college...or away serving their country in the forces.

So the student/soldier is no longer allowed to return home and have a bed waiting for them.

Roll on the next general election.

It's 15% of your H/B for one room over your needs and 25% for two. The government wants social housing to come into line with "Private Rented" property by 2016 so in effect this will mean Social Housing being more expensive than privately rented property if you have more bedrooms than you need.

If you are of pension age the above does not apply - But what is the pension age?. This is changing every year as Woman retire later and later, and does this mean if your a woman of pension age (61.75 Y/O to date) and living on her own in a 3 bedroomed house you will not pay any extra, but if your a man in the same position would he have to pay the extra as his retirement age is 65 - I can't find owt about this on the net, every site I've found just say's "Retirement age".

If housing benifit is £70.00 per week this would mean paying an extra £10.50 for one room over, and £17.50 if you have two rooms over what you need.

I stand to be corrected and write this as what I understand the new rules will mean, If I am wrong in any way - SORRY

Given that the vast majority of properties in most towns in this country have 2 or more bedrooms; Id like to know where all these one bedroom properties are going to be available from?

Or was that Comrade Prescott's real reasoning behind his project to knock vast swathes of terraced housing down?

Archived