The government says your under occupied, will it effect you ?

Could be....

Prayer space

Toilets to be facing anyway but East

Seperate bathroom (with lower sink)/ toilet for ritual washing

The could be some reasons for it to be true

Loos facing anywhere but East? where did you get that from? Facing East has nothing to do with Islam.

It would be better that they evict you into a smaller property more suited, and allow a family that need it to have your property :)

If it's publicly funded housing, it's not yours, it's a public resource.

What about my situation? I was allocated this property for my disability needs. It's adapted with level access for my wheelchair, it has a wet-room and stair lift. I have a second bedroom so that I can have a carer staying overnight when I need it. I need space for the chair. I have my community around me, my friends, services etc.

I do not think that I could be found a property that suits me, any better than the one I am currently in.

What about a person with a through-floor lift, like a friend of mine has? They need more space, so why force them to move?

If I have to move to another property, who will help me move? who will pack? Who will unpack for me? Who will pay for the new carpets and curtains I will need? Who will pay or the plumbing-in of the cooker and washing machine? Who will pay for the removals van?

I don't think it's fair that "pensioners" are exempted from this "under-occupancy" ruling. Surely it's more likely to be a pensioner who is rattling around in a 3 or 4 bedroomed property, after the family have flown the nest?

It will make communities less cohesive, and as well as the problems for disabled people, it will disadvantage the non-resident parent who needs a spare room for their children, when they have access... It's just not been thought out properly, at all.

Toilets should not face Mecca, which unless Im really poor at Geography is East of England......

I got it from a document by SHU on "Muslims and Social Housing"* and a spot of local knowledge

*I read such things occasionally

I don't know of any Muslim in the UK who prays toward Scandinavia, which is directly East of the UK.

If you meant "facing Mecca", from the UK, Mecca is approximately South East, from the UK.

the only countries who would face approximately East to pray in the direction of Mecca would be the North African countries like Egypt, Lybia, Algeria

could you throw any light on this P T? Sorry for the P C

Hi kidley:- see my explanation above. :thumbsup:

I wouldnt worry about it to much unless the Government are going to find all these one bedroom properties that dont exist......

As I understand it, the rule will still apply, for an under-occupancy, whether there is actually any alternative accommodation available or not.

I can see the UK being forced to return to the first half/ first sixty years or so of the last century, when one house would house three or four families, in unsanitary conditions sharing one bathroom or loo between twenty or more people. I foresee a steep rise in "Rachman" housing.

so on semantics I am wrong........

South East then.......

The point is that toilets should not be facing in the direction of Mecca

and Holland, Belgium and France are directly East of England not Scandinavia

Anything North of Hull hits Denmark, until you get to Fraserburgh in Scotland which is immediately west of Norway. But, as you say, Semantics.

Archived