Pictures of the sheffield steel industry

bakergirl77

Hi,

I am just wondering if anyone has pictures that are of sheffields steel works/industry.

I have been asked to make an 80th birthday cake and i am loking for iconic images to help me get a better idea of what i could replicate on the cake.

I have searched google but you get so many random pictures that i thought someone may have what i am looking for. I am looking at either a steel works skyline something that is recognisable and represents sheffield, steel workers themselves a bit like the statues that used to be at meadowhall type of thing and the kind of tools they used.

If this makes sense to anyone and you could help i would very much appreciate it.

Hi,

As the cake is a surprise his grand daughter is trying to find out specifically what it was he did but until then i just thought getting a generic idea of what was out there might help me.

I will however post back with more details as soon as i have them. Thank you for the replies.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived