Baton and chips

gordon3

who remembers half a baton or cob with the middle taken out and filled with chips and scraps for those of us who did not like school dinners they were great not to much vinegar though or the bread went soggy the shop keeper put a box outside the door so all the soft bread could be placed in it.I went to hatfield house lane school.:hihi:

who remembers half a baton or cob with the middle taken out and filled with chips and scraps for those of us who did not like school dinners they were great not to much vinegar though or the bread went soggy the shop keeper put a box outside the door so all the soft bread could be placed in it.I went to hatfield house lane school.:hihi:

We called it cob n chips :)

well paul there was a chippy opposite 3 horse shoe pub but did not open on mondays there was another just a few yards further up bellhouse that only opened monday dinner so we were covered 5 days a week chips every day wow they call it unhealthy eating

well paul there was a chippy opposite 3 horse shoe pub but did not open on mondays there was another just a few yards further up bellhouse that only opened monday dinner so we were covered 5 days a week chips every day wow they call it unhealthy eating

I was at Hatfield House Lane from 56 (1956 that is) until 1960 and I used to go "chipping it" some lunch times. A cob cut in half, hollowed out and filled with chips - lovely.

The chip shop opposite the Shoe was Hoskins, the only chippy in the area to do crinkle cut chips as I remember. Happy Days.:)

Archived