How to fit carpet on a concrete floor

They will use concrete gripper which has more resilent nails to penetrate concrete-watch out for cold spots forming!

Thanks gnvqsos...i didnt think any nails would go in concrete, i thought it would just bend them, and drilling and plugging would take an age....what do you mean by cold spots..?

I have just moved into a new house with concrete floors, and i am wondering how they will fit a carpet when the time comes, its not exactly easy to bang gripper rods in...:huh:

They use something like this.

Gripperrods Rapidbond Carpet Gripper Glue Adhesive - 310ml

It permanently bonds carpet gripper, metal edgings and stair nosings to concrete, timber, metal and terrazzo floors.

Thanks gnvqsos...i didnt think any nails would go in concrete, i thought it would just bend them, and drilling and plugging would take an age....what do you mean by cold spots..?

You can buy masonry nails for concrete-concrete floors can be cold if not insulated from below,so a deep underlay may help you keep cosy,especially if you are saving for a 3 piece suit.

Archived