Do you consider yourself 'POSH' ?

I was brought up and went to school in Attercliffe. I used to get told things like "you think you're posh you, don't you"?........I didn't really understand what they were getting at then but it did upset me. Now I realise, it was just because I spoke properly, I behaved myself at school, I became a prefect and then Head Girl, we had a car, I was well developed at 11 and I was quite pretty.:P

ooo how very posh :hihi:

"posh" is the definition of the upper classes, monied or not, born into a higher social class, good manners and respect for people & property, money alone cannot buy "poshness" as some would like to think, the old saying applies "you cant polish a turd" look at some millionaires , lottery winners, celebs etc etc!

Alphabetti spaghetti?

Im posh, when i have chips i put the splodge of sauce on the plate not the chips

Doesn't everyone do this? There's no even distribution process for sauce... sure we have squeeze bottles now, which has improved chip:sauce ratio massively, but what about the chips underneath? They're left without, unless they're lucky and some runs off on the them,

"posh" is the definition of the upper classes, monied or not, born into a higher social class, good manners and respect for people & property, money alone cannot buy "poshness" as some would like to think, the old saying applies "you cant polish a turd" look at some millionaires , lottery winners, celebs etc etc!

I don't think this was the original meaning, as it meant people who were rich enough to buy the best cabins sailing out to India and back ie, Port Out, Starboard Home, the side away from the searing sunshine.

Archived