Peter carr aka slotter

slotter47

• 2 weeks later...

Slotter Carr,

My life, I met this critter at BSC Tubes Division on Rutland Road in 1970.

The transition to an all out office environment was a revelation , and Slotts with his vocal skills and backing singers the Slottetes, were a new experience.

The office routine was a busy one , but the staff and lovely young females made a pleasurable working atmosphere .

I wonder what happened to all those office colleagues over the years.

Gary Marshman

North Wales

• 4 months later...

pete carr..well i never.jack watson here,ex b&t.

that very warm summer of 76 when we put sticky sweets in ricey,s hair,and then we wrote verses and sonnets about him..

oh,and the women.............................also, great nicknames like bernard the bunch..

Hi Jack,

Long time mate hope all ok,remember the laughs a wonder any work got done.

I do remember rocker rice and a quarter of yorkshire mixture in his afro took a while for him to find all the sweets.Mick Hulley who i think joined the police,Derek Struggles,Philip Winfield and was it Madge on stock control,where are they all now.Happy memories Jack i was lucky enough to make good friends at most places i worked,some of whom i am still in touch with.

i still see mick hulley in morrisons with his wife elaine. he,s o.k. works for police at niagra grounds. he told me madge had passed away.

i used to go out quite regularly with ray mogan and sue. they live at lodge moor,but i haven,t seen them for a while.

believe it or not, i still have all those poems and stories we made up about ricey.that summer was too warm to work.no air-con then !

i daren,t even think about some of those girls...........

speak soon.

Archived