Fitting 2nd Light, Advice needed

adding an additional lighting point and switch would fall under minor works in a domestic situation and will need a competent electrician to issue a minor works certificate.

check with regard to your caravan as i'm fairly sure that the electrical installation falls under the same regs. by adding an additional point and wiring you are changing the characteristics of the circuit. you are allowd to carry out "maintenance" tasks without certification, ie changing a broken socket outlet, changing an existing light for a new one etc.

Errrrr? Why doesn't it? :suspect:

It looks rather simple to me?

Presume you are splitting the mains out the existing light at the junction box, and taking it to the new light fitting then running a live and switched live down to the new switch....thats what the sketch suggests and thats how it should be done.

Caravans dont come under the scope of Part P, but are covered by IEE wiring regs

Presume you are splitting the mains out the existing light at the junction box, and taking it to the new light fitting then running a live and switched live down to the new switch....thats what the sketch suggests and thats how it should be done.

Caravans dont come under the scope of Part P, but are covered by IEE wiring regs

without being rude i'd suggest the OP gets a competent electrician in, if you have to ask on a forum then you do need a pro in to do it for you safely.

Archived