Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

12 hours ago, linda 1 said:

No just this one to service the boiler. no one been in my house for about 4 years then they send me a crook. But they've not heard the last from me. 

Linda, who sent you this "Crook"

Was it a reputable company, I've just had my boiler serviced by British Gas. £29 special offer during August.

Yes, it was Priority home services. at neepsend.  serviced my boiler fixed a broken radiator valve in the bathroom and changed my kitchen taps. It was quite a bit with having all this done. I think I will ring British gas up and set up a service plan. this has made me ill. My agoraphobia means I have a life in my house I felt safe in here. I do my garden. my local garden centre is good to me I ring them with an order, and they deliver. my garden is beautiful this year. I've never been through my gate alone for years. I honestly dare not tell you how long people would not believe me but when needs must you find a way to live again. now this low life has taken not only what I had saved for years but Hes took away my safe feeling my home gave me. I honestly don't know which is worse my money or my peace of mind. I will ring British gas tomorrow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, linda 1 said:

Yes, it was Priority home services. at neepsend.  serviced my boiler fixed a broken radiator valve in the bathroom and changed my kitchen taps. It was quite a bit with having all this done. I think I will ring British gas up and set up a service plan. this has made me ill. My agoraphobia means I have a life in my house I felt safe in here. I do my garden. my local garden centre is good to me I ring them with an order, and they deliver. my garden is beautiful this year. I've never been through my gate alone for years. I honestly dare not tell you how long people would not believe me but when needs must you find a way to live again. now this low life has taken not only what I had saved for years but Hes took away my safe feeling my home gave me. I honestly don't know which is worse my money or my peace of mind. I will ring British gas tomorrow.

I honestly don't get this (I believe every word you say)

Surely the police can trace this guy, "Priority home services" must have his details"

Sounds like this "crook" was a bit of a tradesman..

They know his name and all the rest but say it's a case of his word against mine. and they are looking into other things concerning him. honestly, I've been thinking maybe this crook is a smart guy so becoming a plumber/ gas fitter gives him legitimate entry to people's homes. he was so confident, he looked me straight in the face and showed me a photo of his big, beautiful house. priority is trying to say they've sacked him so it's out of their hands. I'm not being fobbed off like that.  I've left a message for my local councillor. see if he can do anything.  Police say even if he has a record and it's not for the same as this, they cannot bring it up. I was just about to face my worst nightmare and now this on top of it. I can't breathe when I think about it. If there's any justice in this world maybe one day, he'll get caught red handed and the tables will turn on him. even after this and what it's done to me, I still believe most people are nice.

Edited by linda 1

9 hours ago, Padders said:

Linda, who sent you this "Crook"

Was it a reputable company, I've just had my boiler serviced by British Gas. £29 special offer during August.

Thank you for your help padders. definitely will be ringing British gas tomorrow. 

10 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

They know his name and all the rest but say it's a case of his word against mine. and they are looking into other things concerning him. honestly, I've been thinking maybe this crook is a smart guy so becoming a plumber/ gas fitter gives him legitimate entry to people's homes. he was so confident, he looked me straight in the face and showed me a photo of his big, beautiful house. priority is trying to say they've sacked him so it's out of their hands. I'm not being fobbed off like that.  I've left a message for my local councillor. see if he can do anything.  Police say even if he has a record and it's not for the same as this, they cannot bring it up. I was just about to face my worst nightmare and now this on top of it. I can't breathe when I think about it. If there's any justice in this world maybe one day, he'll get caught red handed and the tables will turn on him. even after this and what it's done to me, I still believe most people are nice.

I can't believe this, not that I'm doubting you, are you sure you've not mis-placed the money..

This happened to me a couple of years ago..

I drew £500 out of the bank to pay for some work done on my roof..

Then I went to Iceland, (Sheffield lane top)

Did some shopping and went home..

Next morning I got up, put my jeans on, and the £500 was missing.. 

What have I done with that I thought, well I searched the house, every nook and cranny, but no luck, it had disappeared.

Ruddy hell, I thought, I've had my pocket picked at Iceland, jumped in the car and went to Iceland to see the manager, and asked him if he could check the CCTV camera's.

No luck there, I've had £500 nicked.. 

Oh well, worst things happen in life, I'll get over it.

Then about 3 months later I needed to go into my 4th bedroom, this is like a storeroom, I never go in there unless I need summat.

On the bedside table was my £500, chuffin Ek I felt like I'd won £500.

What had happened was,

When I searched the house, I never looked in this bedroom because I knew it was one place where I hadn't been.

But then it dawned on me,I had.

When I went to bed that night, it was the first night I'd put the Central heating on, so I checked round to see if all the radiators were working, I must have removed the £500 from my pocket, because on the bedside table was my £500 !

I'd put it there while I checked the radiators, and then forgotten the next day.

How daft can you get, 

What I'm trying to say is, are you sure this money has gone missing.....