Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

21 minutes ago, Padders said:

I can't believe this, not that I'm doubting you, are you sure you've not mis-placed the money..

This happened to me a couple of years ago..

I drew £500 out of the bank to pay for some work done on my roof..

Then I went to Iceland, (Sheffield lane top)

Did some shopping and went home..

Next morning I got up, put my jeans on, and the £500 was missing.. 

What have I done with that I thought, well I searched the house, every nook and cranny, but no luck, it had disappeared.

Ruddy hell, I thought, I've had my pocket picked at Iceland, jumped in the car and went to Iceland to see the manager, and asked him if he could check the CCTV camera's.

No luck there, I've had £500 nicked.. 

Oh well, worst things happen in life, I'll get over it.

Then about 3 months later I needed to go into my 4th bedroom, this is like a storeroom, I never go in there unless I need summat.

On the bedside table was my £500, chuffin Ek I felt like I'd won £500.

What had happened was,

When I searched the house, I never looked in this bedroom because I knew it was one place where I hadn't been.

But then it dawned on me,I had.

When I went to bed that night, it was the first night I'd put the Central heating on, so I checked round to see if all the radiators were working, I must have removed the £500 from my pocket, because on the bedside table was my £500 !

I'd put it there while I checked the radiators, and then forgotten the next day.

How daft can you get, 

What I'm trying to say is, are you sure this money has gone missing.....

yes, he definitely took it, absolutely no doubt whatso ever. priority said phone the police and send them to us we can tell them what Hes been doing here. this is why I still say priority should be held responsible; they knew what he was like

Just now, hackey lad said:

Could be , not sure 

yes, that's right used to go with dad

15 hours ago, gaz 786 said:

Knew quite a few from gleedless Town end and Darnel clubs was big business in old days

yes, it was. not sure if many keep them now. there used to be a corn shop next to Cuthbert bank where people kept the birds. expensive hobby. It was the cleaning them out that did it for my husband. it's a big job looking after any animal really, but birds are terrible I have a bird and as soon as I clean him out. he poops on everything again and that's just one bird.

Edited by linda 1

15 hours ago, Padders said:

Hutchinson's ???

Hi Padders, that's the gas company put in place. Thanks for that. my nooie comes today but a member told me that anything that goes through your internet connection can be got into. If I only plug this in when anyone has to come into my house how safe is that. I can't do with any more mistakes. 

• Like 1

when I was really small dad took me to the pet shop in the wicker and there was this beautiful huge bird. It was a McCaw. It was massive to me. I always said I would have one of those if possible.   sadly, to say I have a crested budgie. but Hes lovely, I have a fountain in my garden, and I get loads of wood pigeons every day calling for a drink.

57 minutes ago, gaz 786 said:

Lol pigeon flying now a past hobby was great still is but today's youth not bothered was 100 lofts on darnel at one time another great hobby cast into history!

Thats true. they don't want to do much at all, I used to go to the speedway when I was a teenager but I'm not sure if that's finished now as well. It was a good Thursday night out

Edited by linda 1
missing word

49 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Thats true. they don't want to do much at all, I used to go to the speedway when I was a teenager but I'm not sure if that's finished now as well. It was a good Thursday night out

It still is a good Thursday night out,  I go to most of the meetings. 

Just now, linda 1 said:

Oh, do you, I thought it had finished.  obviously, I can't go now but I can hear it from my house. it was great me and my cousin went every Thursday night. I haven't heard it this year so thought it had done.

I thought it had finished as well!

Do you live near the speedway ?

Hope you've got your camera's set up, give you some much needed peace of mind.