Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

Do you know I've not heard it for a couple of years, so I was sure it had gone. Yes, not far away from the speedway, used to hear the fireworks on the last night. no, I've not set it up yet will give it a go tomorrow.  because it may take some time. I'll be asking for help, but I've also spoke to a joiner about putting some locks on all my upstairs doors. I've known him for years and I told him what's happened, so he said ill come myself I don't think it's fair to send someone else to do it after what happened, so that's safe enough for me, I can cope with him.     I was stood looking out of my kitchen window really late last night and a huge fox came past my back gate I get quite a few but this one was massive. Buddy heard him he was barking long before I saw it. I've also seen a badger go past.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Padders said:

I thought it had finished as well!

Do you live near the speedway ?

Hope you've got your camera's set up, give you some much needed peace of mind.

Can I ask you why you refer to padders bar.?  is it real or a joke. :banana: 

20 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Can I ask you why you refer to padders bar.?  is it real or a joke. :banana: 

"Padders Bar" or as some people are calling it "Flappers Rest"

Is an established bar situated in the leafy district of Longley.

It's origins go back to medieval times when "Sir Raymondo -De-Padders" defended the locality from mischievous invaders.

I have inherited the title of "Squire of Longley" My soul purpose of life is to come to the aid of Damsels in distress..

The Bar caters for a clientele of proper Ladies and Gentlemen, why not jump in a taxi and pay us a visit,

A free drink 🍹 awaits you on your first visit..

Hope this helps Linda..

Yep, on the Wicker was HUTCHinson's.The best pet shop to buy rabbits lol. It was at Mace's shop where mi dad bought me a blue wellensittich. I named him Sparky. Also acquired from Mace's was a Borzoi, a Russian hunting dog. I quickly named him Yashin.

The only Ogley I remember was a keeper called Alan Ogley. He played among others for Man City and Stockport. He kept goal, but no pets I am led to believe.`

• 2 weeks later...

Oh good. I'm not good trying something new when it comes to jabs.  I said I wasn't having anymore but looking at tv last night numbers are going up. thank you. 

2 hours ago, Meltman said:

Yes, I had Pfizer at Westfield last week.