Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

2 hours ago, linda 1 said:

How's your arms this morning echo. hopefully not too painful for you.

I had an uncomfortable night, tossing and turning just like the Ivy League in '65! So, I haven't slept as good as usual.

gaz786, that's a good idea in theory, laying on my back, but tell me one person who doesn't move around in their sleep.

Linda, you have my full sympathies with your experience. 

In '71 my parents' house was broken into while they were out visiting her younger brother in the funeral parlour. He was only 49 and had died very quickly with cancer.

On their return they found the back door broken and numerous items stolen. It wasn't the monetary value that hurt most but the sentimental attachment to possessions.  He took a slide projector and with it several cassettes of photo slides which were never recovered.

Still, there's often someone worse off. A colleague at a school where I worked lost all her family photos in a house fire.

The criminal who broke into my parents' house turned out to be an ex-pupil of my school.

My Mum never got over the trauma and moved house a short time later.

echo.

I totally understand her moving. it changes your whole house. I'd just lost my last family member my mom and was sat crying when he came. some of the jewellery was gifts form mom when I was a teenager. It's not just the £3000 in cash that was my life's savings and a promise to my granddaughter for driving lessons. I've no way of replacing this money. I've had 4 years from hell and the only person I could turn to has gone.  I can't eat or sleep the only thing I keep going for is my little buddy. My agoraphobia makes me have a solitary life. but I was fine in my garden. Thank God I'm not like him I respect other people and people usually like me. when mom died Tesco's turned up with a card and a huge bunch of flowers. so, there are kind people out there.  I need to find a way through this somehow, but I feel lost there's not a solution to get out of this. the police gave me some hope then just left it.  when this happened, I was in such a panic I forgot mom had died and I picked up my phone to call her. I thought about you this morning as I've got that to face next.  thank you for your message, Linda

No, I just laid there till it came light watched it through the blind.  I was thinking of trying to save my Daliah tubers this winter if I can pluck up courage to face the world again later. usually just throw them but these are giant size.  I can't open my front window for them. it was freezing cold in the middle of the night. 

Edited by linda 1

How do you do it. bit of a novice at this gardening but it's turned out beautiful this year I've got so many different varieties in a really small garden. you can't get any more in. every bit of ground has a plant in it. I've tried to put perennials in. Worse thing about getting old is if I get on the floor I have trouble getting back up I've turned into my grandmother. I used to laugh at her now I'm doing the same.

We are all getting older Linda. 

Wait until the dahlia tops are dying back, cut off the tops and dig up the tubers. Store them in boxes filled with dry potting compost or sand and keep them in a dark frost free place over winter. I keep mine in the shed, covered in bubble wrap and most have survived for the last few years. 

4 hours ago, echo beach said:

I had an uncomfortable night, tossing and turning just like the Ivy League in '65! So, I haven't slept as good as usual.

gaz786, that's a good idea in theory, laying on my back, but tell me one person who doesn't move around in their sleep.

Linda, you have my full sympathies with your experience. 

In '71 my parents' house was broken into while they were out visiting her younger brother in the funeral parlour. He was only 49 and had died very quickly with cancer.

On their return they found the back door broken and numerous items stolen. It wasn't the monetary value that hurt most but the sentimental attachment to possessions.  He took a slide projector and with it several cassettes of photo slides which were never recovered.

Still, there's often someone worse off. A colleague at a school where I worked lost all her family photos in a house fire.

The criminal who broke into my parents' house turned out to be an ex-pupil of my school.

My Mum never got over the trauma and moved house a short time later.

echo.

How did she manage to move forward. everything has just stopped for me. I feel like I've shut down there's no help at all out there. I've thought about having to move but moving is out of the question just now. it's very expensive to move. and nothing is easy as the years roll on. it's not like when your young you can take anything on. your mom did Relly well to find the strength to move on.

Edited by linda 1
missing word