Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

On 05/11/2022 at 18:22, Padders said:

Did the exact same many years ago.

Exploding chestnuts :hihi:

Good morning Padders. do you Rember all the trouble I had last Christmas looking for a new dentist. Well yesterday I went for a check-up and to see the hygienist. On the way out she said to me I don't think you will see me again as steven is retiring at Christmas and the practice will be a N H S practice. she didn't even know the name of the new dentist except to tell me Hes Spanish, so that didn't last long I've seen him just 3 times.  depending on how this new guy is ill be looking for a new one yet again and with the way things are that may be difficult. apparently, you can't see the hygienist unless you have a problem like gum trouble and the dentist refers you to see her. Oh dear nothing seems to go smoothly. Anyway, I hope you are keeping well.

5 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Good morning Padders. do you Rember all the trouble I had last Christmas looking for a new dentist. Well yesterday I went for a check-up and to see the hygienist. On the way out she said to me I don't think you will see me again as steven is retiring at Christmas and the practice will be a N H S practice. she didn't even know the name of the new dentist except to tell me Hes Spanish, so that didn't last long I've seen him just 3 times.  depending on how this new guy is ill be looking for a new one yet again and with the way things are that may be difficult. apparently, you can't see the hygienist unless you have a problem like gum trouble and the dentist refers you to see her. Oh dear nothing seems to go smoothly. Anyway, I hope you are keeping well.

And a very good morning to you Linda,

I should have seen my dentist for a check up 2years ago, thanks to the pandemic I've not been since.

Don't know what there playing at, I'm just hoping I'm still registered with them.

I won't phone them because I hate phones.

I was like you, couldn't find a dentist some 10years back, when I eventually found one it was at High Green some distance away.

My teeth are OK, so I don't bother...

Are you getting ready for Christmas?

I'll be glad when its all over, can't help being a miserable old git.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Padders said:

And a very good morning to you Linda,

I should have seen my dentist for a check up 2years ago, thanks to the pandemic I've not been since.

Don't know what there playing at, I'm just hoping I'm still registered with them.

I won't phone them because I hate phones.

I was like you, couldn't find a dentist some 10years back, when I eventually found one it was at High Green some distance away.

My teeth are OK, so I don't bother...

Are you getting ready for Christmas?

I'll be glad when its all over, can't help being a miserable old git.

Hi. Yes, I'm the same as you my teeth are good. Up to now anyway. So, if I don't feel comfortable with this new one, I won't be going either. my daughter rang hers for an appointment yesterday and the same thing happened to her as well. I think she's at high green It seems to be the same story everywhere.  Sort of getting ready for Christmas. I've bought a few things for the grandchildren. but teenagers now and harder to please. It just seems such a big build up for just a week really. I won't be seeing family as they will all be working right up to Christmas day. and my son can't get back down So sadly, not the same as when the kids and grandkids were little. Will you be spending time with your family? It must be nice to have a big family especially at Christmas. I've bought buddy a soft toy a squeaky banana so see if he likes that. He likes his toys usually.    Lovely to catch up with you as always. Enjoy the rest of your day.

26 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Hi. Yes, I'm the same as you my teeth are good. Up to now anyway. So, if I don't feel comfortable with this new one, I won't be going either. my daughter rang hers for an appointment yesterday and the same thing happened to her as well. I think she's at high green It seems to be the same story everywhere.  Sort of getting ready for Christmas. I've bought a few things for the grandchildren. but teenagers now and harder to please. It just seems such a big build up for just a week really. I won't be seeing family as they will all be working right up to Christmas day. and my son can't get back down So sadly, not the same as when the kids and grandkids were little. Will you be spending time with your family? It must be nice to have a big family especially at Christmas. I've bought buddy a soft toy a squeaky banana so see if he likes that. He likes his toys usually.    Lovely to catch up with you as always. Enjoy the rest of your day.

WHOOOO!

I'd love a squeaky banana toy :hihi:

I will be spending Christmas day at my daughters, as you say, not the same now the Grandkids are grown up.

Still enjoy it though.

1 hour ago, Padders said:

WHOOOO!

I'd love a squeaky banana toy :hihi:

I will be spending Christmas day at my daughters, as you say, not the same now the Grandkids are grown up.

Still enjoy it though.

I like Christmas. we've always enjoyed it and I got married at Christmas, so anniversary and Christmas at the same time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Back to Dahlias mate . I usually wait for the first good frost to blacken the leaves  before digging them up , or is it ok now ?

Yes that's what I have done but mine are showing signs of black leaves and softening/rotting stems so I have taken some out before they get the chance to rot further. Some are still ok and flowering and I've left them in for a bit longer. In the walled garden at Clumber Park they leave them in all the time and just cover them up with mulch and they seem to survive. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2022 at 15:48, linda 1 said:

I like Christmas. we've always enjoyed it and I got married at Christmas, so anniversary and Christmas at the same time. 

Hi Linda,

Hope you've put the trauma's of this year behind you..

Allow me to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.