Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

Hello. thank you for asking . but things have been a bit rough the last few weeks . I've got left with some problems left from the covid my doctor keeps in touch to check if I'm doing ok. But catching covid has set me off being scared to leave the house again. so not stepped outside at all since the 5th December. Someone kindly took Buddy to his vet's appointment for me. I had a call from someone that my doctor got in touch with yesterday and she has arranged for someone  to call me for me to talk to them. she said maybe it will help. what that low life did is unforgivable as I already had something  awful I was having to deal with. a doctor rang me last week and asked me what had happened to kick this all off so I told him he went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. then said goodness no wonder you are feeling awful. But you know I am normally a strong person so I will find a way through this . It's just finding something that will work for me.  my garden has bulbs coming up now and buddy is good company . He went in the garden the same time as a woodpigeon landed. they frightened each other so much the pigeon took off and brave buddy ran into the house. I'm starting to realize bad things happen to people all the time and you don't know when it's going to happen to you but it's how you handle it. you can't guard against everything It's just this lot has overwhelmed me just now. maybe the lighter nights will help. I know there is good people out there you can't say everyone is the  same.  the kindness from you people let's me know there is people out there with kind hearts.  Thanks for checking up on me

23 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Hello. thank you for asking . but things have been a bit rough the last few weeks . I've got left with some problems left from the covid my doctor keeps in touch to check if I'm doing ok. But catching covid has set me off being scared to leave the house again. so not stepped outside at all since the 5th December. Someone kindly took Buddy to his vet's appointment for me. I had a call from someone that my doctor got in touch with yesterday and she has arranged for someone  to call me for me to talk to them. she said maybe it will help. what that low life did is unforgivable as I already had something  awful I was having to deal with. a doctor rang me last week and asked me what had happened to kick this all off so I told him he went so quiet you could hear a pin drop. then said goodness no wonder you are feeling awful. But you know I am normally a strong person so I will find a way through this . It's just finding something that will work for me.  my garden has bulbs coming up now and buddy is good company . He went in the garden the same time as a woodpigeon landed. they frightened each other so much the pigeon took off and brave buddy ran into the house. I'm starting to realize bad things happen to people all the time and you don't know when it's going to happen to you but it's how you handle it. you can't guard against everything It's just this lot has overwhelmed me just now. maybe the lighter nights will help. I know there is good people out there you can't say everyone is the  same.  the kindness from you people let's me know there is people out there with kind hearts.  Thanks for checking up on me

How do Linda,

Nice to hear from you,

Sorry to hear your still having problems, but Hey Ho things will improve..

Keep us updated cus we do care about you,

Love from the Forum  x.

• Like 1

I think I will be ordering my plants from online again this year. will have to see what comes back up from last year. now they have died back buddy's been stamping on a few of them and my London pride has been used as a toilet. so I think that's going to struggle to recover. they have some lovely variety's of dahlias on Parkers website. It works out a bit more expensive than garden centre but it's nice to get into the garden in the nice weather. I think he's killed my snow in summer as well. the little devil. I've got my plant catalogue come through the post but some things are in packs of 6 and my garden is really small so that's the main problem with online buying. the artificial  turf I had laid down seems to have survived the winter and buddy. so kind of looking forward to doing the garden again

• Like 1

Hi. Meltman , do you buy your plants online or garden centres. I'm not really sure about parkers this year I had wrong items delivered last year. and a dead rose tree. I used to split my flowers and give them to my neighbours but no one gardens any more. I'm surrounded with paving stones or weeds in some cases. It's such a shame as years ago they all did their gardens. Garden centres are better because you can see what you are buying but I think it's a bit beyond me this year. I bought a new bench but it was oil treated and when it needed doing again the oil is horrible and was not the same as factory treated. so I tried  garden wood stain but it wont take . I think the oil is deep inside the wood but it's looking tatty now. do you know what I could use on it. ?

Hello Linda, good to hear from you. I buy my seeds on line from D.T.Brown and they have been good. They do some plants too but I've not had any. I get my plants from garden centres. 

I would try get any of stain off the bench first as it won't take on top of oil. I would then give the bench a good rub down to make sure it's clean and then treat it with some garden furniture oil  but only give it a light coat.  Hope this helps.

Hi. Yes that helps a lot because nothing was holding on it. you can just peel it off like a skin.  I think it might be a bit early to order plants online just now but they are taking orders and even have sold out of some things. I think I'll look through my gardening books and see if there's anything I fancy putting in this year. last years lupins are coming back through but my delphiniums was rubbish last year so I don't think they will come back up at all. I'll be using gloves after my crop of fungus last year they ended up everywhere  in my back garden. It's a matter of beating the slugs to the new shoots before they get at the growing tips on what's coming back from last year. Thank you for your help.     have a nice  relaxing evening.