Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

That's really great news Linda, pleased for you. Make the effort and go and visit your mum and dad, it will do you good. It looks like things are changing for the better. Congratulations on your big birthday tomorrow, have a great day. I'm well thank you, you take care. 

• Like 1

Yes it might do. birthdays are not the same once your family have gone. mom and dad are in wisewood Cemetery so not too far away. I just try not to think too much about things. Buddys not bad back at vets next week but he's doing ok. 'e been in  the garden trying to tidy it up. quite a bit are coming back from last year.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello Linda,I'm just checking in to see if everything is okay with you these days.Are you well,and getting some peace? How is Buddy,your ever loyal dog? Please let us all know at Sheffield Forum how your garden is looking now we have had some decent weather recently.

All the very best to you lady.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/06/2023 at 20:20, zakes said:

Hello Linda,I'm just checking in to see if everything is okay with you these days.Are you well,and getting some peace? How is Buddy,your ever loyal dog? Please let us all know at Sheffield Forum how your garden is looking now we have had some decent weather recently.

All the very best to you lady.

Linda has not visit the Forum for 2 weeks now.

Hope she and Buddy are OK.

• Like 1

Hello. Thank you for asking,  things are not too bad but I think you know by now I seem to go from one upset to another. when it was fathers day I thought I can't leave him without flowers so I plucked up courage from somewhere and went, as soon as I arrived I noticed straight away something was different. when mom died I bought her a Jade angel it was only small and the same colour as the stones  so blended in but someone had seen it and taken it.  it's been there all that time, how can people steal from a grave it really upset me. I don't know why I was surprised nothing ever goes right for me.  I had a dental appointment last week new dentist he told me I have a chipped filling and his hygienist was now doing his fillings and some extractions. I thought not on me she's not, so I've been looking for another yet again.  the garden Is looking nice, I've filled it full of dahlias this year but not flowered yet, some things have come back from last year.  I've had a problem with my climbing rose it's dropped it's leaves and looks not too good. I sent for some feed to see if that helps it. I had my back lawn turfed last year. Total disaster it's not took but I can't have it done again. I'm still struggling to get back on track after the robbery.  Buddy's ok but I think the hot weather has upset him, He's getting me up at 4oclock. I do worry what's going to happen to him if anything happens to me as he's not the easiest dog to look after. He has a habit of biting his feet and he makes them bleed. so quite a lot of vet bills. everyone has problems and goes through bad times but I seem to get more than my share. Pointless saying anything about it all really I just have to cope with it all the best I can anyway. anyway.... I hope you are all ok . Kind of you to think about me and buddy. I appreciate you asking if were ok

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Hello. Thank you for asking,  things are not too bad but I think you know by now I seem to go from one upset to another. when it was fathers day I thought I can't leave him without flowers so I plucked up courage from somewhere and went, as soon as I arrived I noticed straight away something was different. when mom died I bought her a Jade angel it was only small and the same colour as the stones  so blended in but someone had seen it and taken it.  it's been there all that time, how can people steal from a grave it really upset me. I don't know why I was surprised nothing ever goes right for me.  I had a dental appointment last week new dentist he told me I have a chipped filling and his hygienist was now doing his fillings and some extractions. I thought not on me she's not, so I've been looking for another yet again.  the garden Is looking nice, I've filled it full of dahlias this year but not flowered yet, some things have come back from last year.  I've had a problem with my climbing rose it's dropped it's leaves and looks not too good. I sent for some feed to see if that helps it. I had my back lawn turfed last year. Total disaster it's not took but I can't have it done again. I'm still struggling to get back on track after the robbery.  Buddy's ok but I think the hot weather has upset him, He's getting me up at 4oclock. I do worry what's going to happen to him if anything happens to me as he's not the easiest dog to look after. He has a habit of biting his feet and he makes them bleed. so quite a lot of vet bills. everyone has problems and goes through bad times but I seem to get more than my share. Pointless saying anything about it all really I just have to cope with it all the best I can anyway. anyway.... I hope you are all ok . Kind of you to think about me and buddy. I appreciate you asking if were ok

Hi Linda,

It's nice to hear from you, after reading your post it seems things are not that bad, a few minor mishaps, although I do appreciate things can get on top of you..

The main thing is you and buddy are OK.

Keep battling on Linda, we do care about you two.

Take care, and do make the occasional post as we like to hear from you...

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Honestly I don't like to bother anyone I keep thinking this can't go on forever but it's looking like it might do.  Buddy's fast asleep by my side so the little devil will be up about 4 wanting to sit on the garden path. I'd be lost without him though.. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I managed to find myself yet another dentist and this time I think I've struck gold. really nice people. The dentist was really easy to talk to, so hopefully I wont be needing him any time soon but if I do no worries. my garden is looking really good. apart from what Buddy has damaged. Hope you are all ok and keeping well. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I'm good thank you Linda, sounds like you are better too. Take care. 

5 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I'm good thank you Linda, sounds like you are better too. Take care. 

yes thank you, we are ok. the  weather is good for us like this. It's been a bit too hot for Buddy with his thick coat. I gave him a bath and stripped his old coat out. so he's feeling better now. I've filled the garden full of dahlias. Plenty of buds but no flowers yet. 

• Like 2