Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

43 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

They checked for bugs also they thought it could have been a seed of some sort but no,  it was full of hair and discharge.. so removed as much of the hair that she could and cleaned it out and put in a treatment and said that should have been it but then he started again so he went back for another treatment and she said that'll be it 2 treatments will sort it but he's started again.. I'm worried she's going to have to knock him out again.. bit dangerous for these little dogs.. so he's going on Wednesday. 

Hope all goes well Linda

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Fingers crossed it’s thir

6 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Fingers crossed it’s third time lucky Linda.

echo.

d time lucky Linda.

echo. Yes I hope so.. I've always had these dogs and I had one that reached 17years old but with Buddy's health issues I'm not sure about him,  I really  do my best for him, he comes before anything else . 

• Like 3

Hi.. Buddy's just got back from the vets and unfortunately his ears not better yet.. there is no discharge this time but still inflamed.. so tablets for the itching  and cream and also steroid tablets for the inflammation.. I honestly can't believe what they are charging me for this.. but nothing I can do about it he has to have the treatment.. he's fast asleep now he's come back.. Oh dear, that's how I feel today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, linda 1 said:

Hi.. Buddy's just got back from the vets and unfortunately his ears not better yet.. there is no discharge this time but still inflamed.. so tablets for the itching  and cream and also steroid tablets for the inflammation.. I honestly can't believe what they are charging me for this.. but nothing I can do about it he has to have the treatment.. he's fast asleep now he's come back.. Oh dear, that's how I feel today

Vets are like solicitors Linda, they are in professions where they seem to be able to print money! My cousin qualified as a solicitor, retired early and bought a villa with loads of land in the Algarve.
I hear the PDSA are good and not as expensive.

Hope Buddy gets better soon.

echo.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, echo beach said:

Vets are like solicitors Linda, they are in professions where they seem to be able to print money! My cousin qualified as a solicitor, retired early and bought a villa with loads of land in the Algarve.
I hear the PDSA are good and not as expensive.

Hope Buddy gets better soon.

echo.

They charged me £230 this time and £300 for the operation. but what can I do about it.. I already just buy the offers when I shop and I have to be so careful. The PDSA is such a long way from me I couldn't get him there.... the vet said if you ever can't keep him I'll have him he can live with me.. she's no chance of that, I don't think buddy would manage without me he's my shadow , he's all I have left really.. It's when I'm faced with a big bill it comes back about the robbery.. but that's another  thing I can't do anything about. anyway I just have to get on with it. 

5 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

They charged me £230 this time and £300 for the operation. but what can I do about it.. I already just buy the offers when I shop and I have to be so careful. The PDSA is such a long way from me I couldn't get him there.... the vet said if you ever can't keep him I'll have him he can live with me.. she's no chance of that, I don't think buddy would manage without me he's my shadow , he's all I have left really.. It's when I'm faced with a big bill it comes back about the robbery.. but that's another  thing I can't do anything about. anyway I just have to get on with it. 

Blimey, that is scandalous, I've never owned a pet but can't you get insurance against vet fees?

On 31/07/2024 at 16:19, Meltman said:

Hello Linda. Good to hear from you. I'm pleased that you are well and your garden is looking good. Sorry to hear about your friend, and hope Buddy is feeling better soon. You take care. 

Hi.. Can you tell me where you buy your dahlias only parkers have done it again they have sent me at least 5 wrong ones.. as they are opening a lot are the flat ones that look like a daisy and I have a huge dinner plate one. I don't like those they are to heavy the first sign of rain and they get weighed down.. I've no idea what the rest are going to open up like.. I've rung parkers and they want pictures of the wrong ones.. it's a lot of messing about so looking for a different place to use for next year

Just now, Padders said:

Blimey, that is scandalous, I've never owned a pet but can't you get insurance against vet fees?

yes I can but they don't cover a lot of things and you have to stand to the first £100 and only cover for 4x £1000  claims a year for £40 a month and that goes up every year. and at those prices it doesn't really cover much with what they charge They don't cover existing conditions. One place wanted to charge £100 a month that's imposable to pay for me. so trying to weigh it up if insurance is the way to go with him. so we just plod on every day. .He's happy the vet calls him a happy chappie..

• Thanks 1

For most of mine I went to a local garden centre and bought them. I picked out the colours and shapes I liked, usually in packets on racks with a picture of the flower on. I also use a mail order catalogue which I'm quite pleased with. I've bought most of my seeds and some plants from them, but not dahlias as yet.  Send for a catalogue and have a good look. They are D.T.Brown, growers and merchants. 

• Like 1