Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

Just now, Meltman said:

For most of mine I went to a local garden centre and bought them. I picked out the colours and shapes I liked, usually in packets on racks with a picture of the flower on. I also use a mail order catalogue which I'm quite pleased with. I've bought most of my seeds and some plants from them, but not dahlias as yet.  Send for a catalogue and have a good look. They are D.T.Brown, growers and merchants. 

Right, Thank you I will take a look.. Parkers have a huge range but it's no good if they are sending out the wrong items.. strangely they are marked up correct so it's where they are getting them from putting the wrong labels on them.

Ok Linda., have a look at Brown's and good luck. I don't know how you have received the wrong ones but that's not what you want, I suspect they are not cheap and you should get what you pay for. 

12 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Ok Linda., have a look at Brown's and good luck. I don't know how you have received the wrong ones but that's not what you want, I suspect they are not cheap and you should get what you pay for. 

Yes and it makes it worse with not having much room..no spare room for things I didn't order.. thank you for your help.. enjoy your day

4 minutes ago, linda 1 said:

Yes and it makes it worse with not having much room..no spare room for things I didn't order.. thank you for your help.. enjoy your day

You are very welcome, you take care and enjoy your day too. 

• Like 1

Hi Linda

I'm relatively new to this Forum due to a long hiatus due to being very busy renovating.  I gather this Forum is under new management, or at least it seems to be, with new site design like a social media site etc. The Ogley's topic reference caught my attention, I used to shop there as a child to buy canary seed for our budgie. My mum swore by canary seed for budgies, she said it stopped them getting cancer in their throats that Trill and other loose mixed budgie seeds caused. We also fed him the long seeded strands tied to the side of his cage, can't remember the name of that but he loved it, and odd wedges of orange too. He lasted into very old age and was my little pal like Buddy is yours. Taught him loads of performing tricks and he loved the interaction.

Also the big building housing the brass and red velvet weighing chair just inside the entrance, I was weighed there a few times when we visited my grandfather, who sold puppies in the far corner of that that big old building in the market near the entrance, on the left as you went into the market.

You will get over the trauma of your robbery, in time.  Something similar happened to me in 2015, except it wasn't money my man was after ... he held me hostage till 5.30 am the next day, when I finally escaped when he went to the bathroom. He was a landscaper/builder who came to give me a quote. I took him into my home to show him the drawings for my outbuilding renovation, and he turned into a monster.  I lived with the memory of that since then, and kept tabs on him on line after that, to make sure he was nowhere near me, and only recently found out he had blown his own brains out by suicide in the garden of a cottage in Northumberland where he'd moved to.  He was obviously seriously mentally ill, and I learned in 2019 he'd seriously affected the lives of other women in Sheffield, who'd had it worse than I did.  His decent appearance and  accent belied his mental illness, and fooled everyone with his 'other personality'. It seems he kept his nose clean in Northumberland, and was in a completely different line of work up there, so they have no clue about his Sheffield life and antics. I am relieved he will never hurt another woman again, including his ex wife and daughters.

• Like 2

Hi Linda

It seems that you got your cameras sorted out, good. I've not had time to read all 50 pages of posts but have the gist of it all. I have beefed up my security with 5 HD cameras around my house and a professional system used by commercial companies. Way too complicated for the average non tech savvy OAP to negotiate, but I am OK with tech stuff/ computers etc, so maintain it myself month to month, tightening loose contacts etc  and can mostly sort out any on going problems, and just get a good man in once a year on a service contract for that and my burglar alarm.  Very reasonable too, and can recommend him. He does all sorts not just the more techy commercial stuff.

Luckily I had a CCTV set up in during my terrible ordeal, although vastly inferior at that time, but good enough to record him arriving and leaving. Luckily I am a mentally strong female, and can cope with such adversity, but others are not always blessed with such fortitude by nature, and we need to cosset them, and show them that every person is a fresh sheet of paper, and not to judge them on others' misdeeds. So I heap praise on those on here who have given a thoughtful helping hand to Linda.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Def Cougar said:

Hi Linda

I'm relatively new to this Forum due to a long hiatus due to being very busy renovating.  I gather this Forum is under new management, or at least it seems to be, with new site design like a social media site etc. The Ogley's topic reference caught my attention, I used to shop there as a child to buy canary seed for our budgie. My mum swore by canary seed for budgies, she said it stopped them getting cancer in their throats that Trill and other loose mixed budgie seeds caused. We also fed him the long seeded strands tied to the side of his cage, can't remember the name of that but he loved it, and odd wedges of orange too. He lasted into very old age and was my little pal like Buddy is yours. Taught him loads of performing tricks and he loved the interaction.

Also the big building housing the brass and red velvet weighing chair just inside the entrance, I was weighed there a few times when we visited my grandfather, who sold puppies in the far corner of that that big old building in the market near the entrance, on the left as you went into the market.

You will get over the trauma of your robbery, in time.  Something similar happened to me in 2015, except it wasn't money my man was after ... he held me hostage till 5.30 am the next day, when I finally escaped when he went to the bathroom. He was a landscaper/builder who came to give me a quote. I took him into my home to show him the drawings for my outbuilding renovation, and he turned into a monster.  I lived with the memory of that since then, and kept tabs on him on line after that, to make sure he was nowhere near me, and only recently found out he had blown his own brains out by suicide in the garden of a cottage in Northumberland where he'd moved to.  He was obviously seriously mentally ill, and I learned in 2019 he'd seriously affected the lives of other women in Sheffield, who'd had it worse than I did.  His decent appearance and  accent belied his mental illness, and fooled everyone with his 'other personality'. It seems he kept his nose clean in Northumberland, and was in a completely different line of work up there, so they have no clue about his Sheffield life and antics. I am relieved he will never hurt another woman again, including his ex wife and daughters.

the strands are called millet.. it's all left me very jumpy and tearful some days.

I think you all know I have a son I don't see very often and a daughter she texts me every day but only a few calls.. But this morning I got a call telling me not to let buddy be taken on Langsett Rd when he goes for his walk because as she left her work yesterday at morrisons she saw a white car come down the ramp and as it passed the taxi rank she heard a noise and felt a pain she put her hand up to her ear and someone said you've been shot.. the car was either a white Merc or Audi the security guard was called and he said the car park is not owned by morrisons and once you leave the store there is no cameras.. god knows what could have happened if it had gone into her ear or a bit further across it could have blinded her or even killed her.. what's wrong with people that think it's fun to shoot someone in the head.. so be aware there is idiots  out there shooting off a bb gun. your not safe even going to the supermarket .

3 minutes ago, Meltman said:

I hope she has reported it to the police Linda. They need to know about incidents like this, even when no-one is injured. 

No she didn't she said there was no camera so it's no good but I told her it still needs reporting.. so just be aware what's going on in the car parks..she said if they can shoot a person they might think it's funny to shoot a dog.. honestly what next