Did you work at ogley's pet shop in the early 1970s

linda 1

Hi Linda

Was it reported to the police at all? Or car reg no obtained? It is very important to report everything like this to the police, with time, location, and details, as they are then able to perhaps link it to other similar events reported and get a picture built up about the perps location, reg no, etc over time. One single report with seemingly scant info can be the linch-pin to catching perps.  We caught lads shooting a BB gun near me once, as we have a Neighbourhood Watch Text Tom Tom set up, and when one of our members got shot in the leg by them, we were able to Tom Tom text that location around members and stop a cop car trying to find them, and tell them where they were exactly.

To join or set up a Neighbourhood Watch go to www.ourwatch.org.uk and do a 'Find my local scheme' search by entering your postcode. A list of local Neighbourhood Watch schemes to your postcode will be listed

13 minutes ago, Def Cougar said:

Hi Linda

Was it reported to the police at all? Or car reg no obtained? It is very important to report everything like this to the police, with time, location, and details, as they are then able to perhaps link it to other similar events reported and get a picture built up about the perps location, reg no, etc over time. One single report with seemingly scant info can be the linch-pin to catching perps.  We caught lads shooting a BB gun near me once, as we have a Neighbourhood Watch Text Tom Tom set up, and when one of our members got shot in the leg by them, we were able to Tom Tom text that location around members and stop a cop car trying to find them, and tell them where they were exactly.

To join or set up a Neighbourhood Watch go to www.ourwatch.org.uk and do a 'Find my local scheme' search by entering your postcode. A list of local Neighbourhood Watch schemes to your postcode will be listed

I'm sure my daughter knows what to do and has it all in hand. thank you for your input but we're fine.. we don't actually need any advice thank you all the same.

17 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Well she should have reported it, a serious incident. Just because there is no camera is not a reason to not report it. 

Yes, I know she should, buddy was taken a another way today. but it puts you on edge.. they could kill someone

1 hour ago, Meltman said:

I hope she has reported it to the police Linda. They need to know about incidents like this, even when no-one is injured. 

No she didn't she said there was no camera so it's no good but I told her it still needs reporting.. so just be aware what's going on in the car parks..she said if they can shoot a person they might think it's funny to shoot a dog.. honestly what next

• Like 1

1 hour ago, linda 1 said:

No she didn't she said there was no camera so it's no good but I told her it still needs reporting.. so just be aware what's going on in the car parks..she said if they can shoot a person they might think it's funny to shoot a dog.. honestly what next

Oh I wanted  to tell you that the garden centre at Bradfield has been taken over again by another company.. I hope they look at their prices as the last one was terrible.

• Like 1

Honestly what is this world turning into.. I have 2 bolts on my gates but I also have a bottom bolt that I put on when Buddy is in the garden so it's not always on.. so I went into the garden and the gate was open it was pulled together but it wasn't bolted.. Strange no post been and I always check the gates.. after looking round I've found the new solar lights I put out only 2 day's ago have gone.. so now all the bolts have to go on after the post has been.. I think this word is a bad place now.. what with my daughter getting shot yesterday and thieves  walking around I've had lights in my garden for over 20 years with no problem.. It's hard to trust anyone for me as it is without something else happening.. I know It's not a big deal but it is really things should be safe on your own property

1 hour ago, linda 1 said:

Honestly what is this world turning into.. I have 2 bolts on my gates but I also have a bottom bolt that I put on when Buddy is in the garden so it's not always on.. so I went into the garden and the gate was open it was pulled together but it wasn't bolted.. Strange no post been and I always check the gates.. after looking round I've found the new solar lights I put out only 2 day's ago have gone.. so now all the bolts have to go on after the post has been.. I think this word is a bad place now.. what with my daughter getting shot yesterday and thieves  walking around I've had lights in my garden for over 20 years with no problem.. It's hard to trust anyone for me as it is without something else happening.. I know It's not a big deal but it is really things should be safe on your own property

Horrible isn't it Linda, if its any consolation it's common round Shiregreen and district.

Sheds broken into, bikes stolen, shoplifting in local shops, muggings, burglaries, sometimes in broad daylight.

Trust me, your not alone....

6 minutes ago, Padders said:

Horrible isn't it Linda, if its any consolation it's common round Shiregreen and district.

Sheds broken into, bikes stolen, shoplifting in local shops, muggings, burglaries, sometimes in broad daylight.

Trust me, your not alone....

Honestly Padders it's something every bloody day . I'm so sick of it.. the gates are locked at the top all the time and the back gate has a padlock on it, only open it for the bin men.. so going to have to put bottom bolts on as well now.. I just said to buddy we need a day at Bridlington. He's never seen the beach.. I'm missing my friend so much.. I don't need anymore stress... thanks for the chat much appreciated.

• Like 1